Blagojevich Brothers Go on Defense
- ILLINOIS: Rod & Rob Show Set to Go. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/9/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33330, p7
The article reports on the status of the federal corruption case of Governor Rod R. Blagojevich and brother Rob Blagojevich in Illinois.
- legal briefs. // Chicago Citizen;9/22/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 26, p12
The article offers news briefs related to court cases in the U.S. such as the condition of former Governor Rod Blagojevich of not being able to afford official trial transcripts needed to file motions against his conviction of lying from his recent corruption trial, and the decision of Supreme...
- Court caper. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;12/17/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 51, p2
The article reports that two businessmen including Ron Gidwitz and Greg Baise have filed a lawsuit to ask a Circuit Court judge to block Chicago governor Rod Blagojevich's actions as usurping General Assembly power in an illegal health plan. House Speaker Michael Madigan has opposed governor's...
- Highlights of the criminal complaint filed against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D). // Hill;12/10/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 133, p14
The article provides information on the criminal complaint filed against Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.
- Blagojevich warned by judge as retrial begins. // Buffalo Law Journal;4/21/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the warning of Judge James Zagel regarding the reliability of Former Governor Rod Blagojevich's statement at the scheduled retrial of his corruption-related case in Chicago, Illinois.
- Prosecutorial Indiscretion? Shapiro, Robert E. // Litigation;Winter2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p67
The article discusses the impeachment trial of former Governor of Illinois Rod Blagojevich. It states that the 12 member jury hearing the trial, did not reach unanimity to convict Blagojevich of any criminal activity except lying to federal prosecutors. According to it, if the U.S. Attorney...
- Blagojevich, others discussed Near North deal: Witness. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;6/14/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p04
The article reports that Alonzo Monk, former chief of staff of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, has testified about a deal involving Near North National Group Inc. at the federal corruption trial of Blagojevich in the U.S. District Court in Chicago in June 2010. He said that he, the...
- ILLINOIS: Governor's Lawsuit Dismissed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/26/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32721, p9
The article reports on the dismissal of the lawsuit filed by Governor Rod Blagojevich against the U.S. House clerk Mark Mahoney, charging violation of the state constitution in Sangamon County, Illinois. The clerk allegedly failed to enter $460 million of budget cuts made by Blagojevich with his...
- ILLINOIS CASINOS WANT RACING MILLIONS BACK. // Casino Journal;Jul2009, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the racketeering lawsuit filed by four casino operators in Illinois against former Governor Rod Blagojevich and racetrack owner John Johnston. The complaint involved a law that requires casinos to contribute some of their revenues to racetracks. The plaintiffs, which...