The Campiche Case: Legal or Ideological Factors?
- Coal-fired power plants face delay in United States. // Nature;11/20/2008, Vol. 456 Issue 7220, p293
The article discusses a court case wherein the implications for U.S. power plants could be wide-ranging. A federal appeals board ordered the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to reconsider a decision regarding carbon dioxide regulation from a coal-fired plant in Utah. The EPA's...
- N.J threatens to sue over Pa. power plant. Truini, Joe // Waste News;12/18/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 17, p24
The article reports that New Jersey government is threatening to sue the United States government for allegedly ignoring clean air laws. It is doing so regarding the permission of a Reliant Energy Inc. coal-fired power plant in Pennsylvania. Attorney General of the state Stuart Rabner has...
- UPCOMING, RECENT COAL-FIRED POWER UNIT RETIREMENTS. // Coal Age;Aug2011, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on the increased announced retirements (AR) of coal-fired generating units at U.S. power plants as generators feel the heat from clean-air regulations pushed by federal and state regulators. The increase in AR is due to the announcement of the American Electric Power Co. Inc....
- EPA NOx rules thrown into confusion. // Modern Power Systems;Feb95, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p11
Reports on a ruling from the US Court of Appeals which affects an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulation governing the conversion of coal fired power stations to low NOx operation. EPA's requirement of utilities to install over-fire air control technology in order to meet emission...
- EC floats tender for two coal-fired power plants. // Coal International;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 261 Issue 1, p19
The article reports on the move made by the Energy Commission (EC) of Malaysia in developing two coal-fired power plants using an open tender.
- Coal Plant Proposed Near Kentucky Park. Dougherty, Ryan // National Parks;Apr/May2002, Vol. 76 Issue 3/4, p14
Reports that Kentucky has issued a draft permit for a coal-fired power plant that would be located near the Mammoth Cave National Park. Pollution problems of the park; Views of National Parks Conservation Association on the proposed power plant; Claims made by opponents of the plant.
- Japan's government relaxes its coal ban. // Modern Power Systems;May2013, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the decision of the Japanese government to loosen its coal power plants construction ban since 2005, by setting a new environmental standards for the construction of coal-fired power plants in Japan.
- Let the biomass conversion begin. // Northern Ontario Business;Oct2010, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p2
The article reports that the Ontario government has officially approved to start the conversion of the coal powered Atikokan Generating Station into a biomass powered plant.
- Tax benefits to coal-run power plants. // Coal International;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 261 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that the National Board of Revenue (NBR) is designing approaches that offer tax benefits to coal-fired power plants in order to attract foreign and local investments in Bangladesh, India.