Allstate in Brief
- Insurance Company Files $2.1 Million DMEPOS Fraud Case. // O&P Business News;7/1/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p36
The article reports on a case filed by Allstate Insurance Co. against 37 New York area defendants in an effort to recover 2.1 million dollars.
- Shops File Steering Suit Against Allstate. Greenberg, Lisa // Automotive Body Repair News;Nov2000, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed against Allstate Insurance Co. and three of its agents. Alleged violation of Mississippi Code 83-11-501 by steering vehicles to preferred shops; Provision of the Mississippi Code 83-11-501; Loss of revenue of small shop owners. INSETS: List of Plaintiffs;Turing PRO.
- From Shady to Dark: One Year Later, Shady Grove's Meaning Remains Unclear. PACE III, JACK E.; FELDMAN, RACHEL J. // Antitrust Magazine;Spring2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p75
The article offers information on the ruling by the lower court on the Shady Grove case in the U.S. It mentions that in Shady Grove case the plaintiff was a medical provider, who filed a putative class action to recover the unpaid statutory interest that was owed by Allstate. It mentions that...
- Allstate Insurance Company Files $6.6 Million Medical Fraud Lawsuit Against 47 Durable Medical Supply Entities and their Respective Individual Owners. // Insurance Broadcasting;6/25/2013, p1
The article informs that the U.S.-based insurance company Allstate Insurance Co. has filed a 6.6 Million U.S. dollars medical fraud lawsuit in a district court against 47 medical supply companies and their respective individual owners including G & A Medical Supply LLC and Goldstar Equipment Inc.
- SUPREME COURT OF CANADA AFFIRMS THE REQUEST PRINCIPLE IN R V IMPERIAL TOBACCO. Shaw, Byron // University of British Columbia Law Review;
A correction to the article "Indemnities for Acts Done at Another's Request" that was published in a 2011 issue is presented.
- 'Mallela' Does Not Apply Retroactively. Lawrence N. Rogak // Insurance Advocate;1/16/2006, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the applicability of the decision on Mallela III in the case contested being between by Multiquest PLLC and Allstate Insurance Cos. in New York. In this particular case, the court denied no-fault benefits to insurers. The question will be the possibility of applying the...
- Retaliation Claims Brought by Former Employee Dismissed. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Nov2005, Vol. 42 Issue 11, Special Section p6
This article focuses on the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit on a case filed by Isbell against Allstate Insurance Co. The court dismisses the plaintiff's retaliation claims against the defendant-employer because the plaintiff failed to establish that her termination...
- IN BRIEF. // Automotive Body Repair News;Nov2003, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p8
Reports developments related to automobile industry in the U.S. as of November 2003. Lawsuit filed by the Allstate Insurance Co. against Rexas; Grant of class action status for a lawsuit filed in Madison County, Illinois; Award given to Dupont Performance Coatings team.
- Stalked by Allstate. Behar, Richard // Fortune;10/2/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p128
The article focuses on AllState Insurance's relationship with its insurance agents. Several cases of whistleblowers, including Myles Barchas and Carolyn Penzo, were discussed. Although the company insists on having good relations with its agents, it is considered to exhibit one of the most...