Scientific Uncertainty and the Regulation of Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act
- Ag is right to challenge federal bullies. VOGEL, JOHN // Nebraska Farmer;Aug2014, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p17
The author reflects on the American Farm Bureau Federation's lawsuit against the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) related to the EPA's proposed Clean Water Act as of August 2014.
- Pollution cleanup lawsuit. Davis, Richard // Carolina Virginia Farmer;Mar2011, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the move of the American Farm Bureau Federation to file a federal lawsuit that aims to stop the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Chesapeake Bay pollution regulatory plan, claiming that it overstepped its bounds and took over state control when it began cleaning...
- AFBF objects to tactics being used in privacy lawsuit. // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/16/2013, p5
The article presents views of Bob Stallman, President of the American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) on the organizations intervening in the privacy lawsuit against the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. It further states that AFBF wants to protect personal information of farmers and ranchers...
- AFBF objects to inflammatory attacks in privacy suit. // Texas Agriculture Magazine;10/4/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses that the nonprofit organization, American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF), has responded to the inflammatory tactics of environmental activist organizations, who were being asked to intervene in AFBF's lawsuit against the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Business groups cool to EPA finding. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste & Recycling News;4/27/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p1
The article reports that several business groups and some Republicans in the U.S. Congress claim that the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) proposed finding that greenhouse gas emissions endanger the public health and welfare could lead to regulations that can destroy jobs and damage the...
- AFBF: EPA regulations bring 'double economic jolt' to ag. // High Plains Journal;2/28/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 9, p7.A
The article reports on the reaction of the American Farm Bureau Federation to the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) regulation of greenhouse gases in 2011.
- US states join attack on EPA. Kamalick, Joe // ICIS Chemical Business;3/1/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 8, p14
The article offers information on the petitions and lawsuits filled against the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on its plan to cut U.S. emissions of greenhouse gases (GHGs). It informs that Texas and Virginia have also started discouraging the EPA's plan. It mentions that the...
- AFBF, plaintiffs file for judgment in Chesapeake Bay case. // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/30/2012, p3
The article reports on a lawsuit filed by the American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) challenging the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) regulation for the Chesapeake Bay. The regulation is said to establish new controls on land use that trespass into...
- Farm Bureau suit heats Bay battle. Roberson, Roy // Southeast Farm Press;2/2/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the impact of the lawsuit filed by the American Farm Bureau Federation in a federal court in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania to the Chesapeake Bay cleanup. It states that the lawsuit challenges the total maximum daily load (TDML) component of the Chesapeake Clean Water and...