A Twenty-First Century Lazarus? The Demise and Possible Rebirth of FERC Backstop Siting Authority
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;6/10/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 111, p34658
The article presents several notices submitted to the U.S. Department of Energy. It lists several electric corporate filings received by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. It also lists several electric rate filings, and the Secretary of the Commission received several off-the-record...
- National Wildlife Federation v. FERC and Washington State Departmentof Fisheries v. FERC: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission ignores Ninth Circuit rebuke on hydropower permitting Feldman, Murray D. // Ecology Law Quarterly;1988, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p319
No abstract available.
- PIEDMONT ENVIRONMENTAL COUNCIL V. FEDERAL ENERGY REGULATORY COMMISSION. Brown, Christopher // South Carolina Law Review;Spring2010, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p639
The article discusses a court case wherein the U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit held that the Energy Policy Act of 2005 is not applicable to cases where the state authority denies a permit application. The statute allowed the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FRC) to issue permits for...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;5/28/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 102, p31911
The article presents notices issued by the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE). It announces a combined meeting of the Environmental Monitoring, Surveillance and Remediation Committee and Waste Management Committee of the Environmental Management Site-Specific Advisory Board (EM SSAB) to be held on...
- Rules and Regulations: DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;1/24/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 16, p4075
A correction to the article about a final rule issued by the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission which appeared in the December 5, 2013 issue is presented.
- NOC! NOC! Who's There? Demand Response. Bodell, Tanya // Electric Light & Power;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p14
The article discusses the role of network operations centers (NOCs) in energy conservation and demand management in the U.S. The significance of technological innovations in the access of energy consumption information is highlighted. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Order 745 is...
- FERC Strengthens Enforcement Program. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q2, Special section p1
This article reports that the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) proposed reforms to its enforcement program in 2008. The package includes a revised and expanded Policy Statement on enforcement and an interpretive order that expands the areas in which the FERC will allow the...
- RPM Buyers File Complaint Challenging the Results of PJM's Transition Capacity Auctions. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q2, Special section p1
The article reports on a complaint filed with the U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) in 2008 against capacity auctions held by PJM Interconnection LLC in 2008. A coalition of regulators, industrial customers and public power utilities claimed that the auctions held during the...
- Advocate Office Would Bring Consumer Voice to Energy Regulation. Fisher, Allison // Public Citizen News;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the call of U.S. advocacy group Public Citizen on the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to create an Office of Consumer Advocate and Public Participation that would bring consumer voice to energy regulation as of September 2015.