"Taking" a Different Tack on Just Compensation Claims Arising Out of the Endangered Species Act
- Bath and North East Somerset District Council v Nicholson. O'Grady, Eileen // Estates Gazette;3/9/2002, Issue 210, p156
Presents a summary of a case on property possession order between Bath and North East Somerset District Council versus Nicholson. Details on the proceedings of the hearing; Information on the ruling of the court.
- The State of American Federalism–1986. Kincaid, John // Publius: The Journal of Federalism;Summer87, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses the 1985 state court decision delivered by court justices of the U.S. The article commences on the political events on February where Supreme Court dictated the federal government to watch out for the political process for the security of their interest versus congressional...
- THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AS A CONSTITUTIONAL NICHE IN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION CASES. Winkler, Adam // UCLA Law Review;Aug2007, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p1931
Although the U.S. Supreme Court has held that the same strict scrutiny standard applies to both state and federal affirmative action, federal courts often appear to apply a more deferential form of strict scrutiny to the federal government's use of race. Analyzing the entire corpus of published...
- Commercial and Industrial. // Assessment Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p71
Summarizes courts' decisions on real property cases involving industrial and commercial companies in the United States. Omaha Nebraska Hotel Limited Partnership v. Douglas County Board of Equalization; S.D. Warren Company v. Town of Standish.
- Constitutional Issues. // Assessment Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p72
Summarizes courts' decisions on real property cases in the United States. Dean v. Commonwealth of Kentucky; City of North Little Rock v. Pulaski County.
- Residential Property. // Assessment Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p80
Focuses on the court's decision on the case between Garcia and the State Board of Tax Commissioners in Indiana. Background of the case; Basis for the court's decision; Arguments of the owners.
- Reversing the Trend towards Species Extinction, or Merely Halting It? Incorporating the Recovery Standard into ESA Section 7 Jeopardy Analyses. Jeffers, Jennifer // Ecology Law Quarterly;2008, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p455
The purpose of the federal Endangered Species Act (ESA) is to conserve and recover populations of endangered and threatened species to a point at which legal protection is no longer necessary. One of the main tools employed by the ESA to accomplish this goal is its section 7 consultation...
- WHITE PAPER: Reshaping the Rules of Civil Procedure for the 21st Century. // FDCC Quarterly;Spring2010, Vol. 60 Issue 3, pWP.1
The article presents the draft of the White Paper of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure last May 3, 2010 by the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC) Quarterly in the U.S. It summarizes the collective view on major problems that affects the federal courts and provides meaningful...
- JURISDICTION OF CONTROL: Judgment and Procedural Forms in Thomas v Mowbray. // Griffith Law Review (Griffith University, as represented by its ;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p307
No abstract available.