Australian governments urged to boost seafood consumption
- SSA Ltd-we're 110% committed. // Professional Fisherman;Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p11
Features the non-profit Seafood Services Australia Ltd. Products and services offered; Company history; Contact information.
- FISHERIES. // Australian Maritime Digest;Aug2013, Issue 225, p12
The article offers information related to fisheries and maritime law. Australian Prime Minister (PM) Kevin Rudd announced several ministerial and parliamentary secretarial changes which are significant to the maritime interests of the country. It features the significance of the zero-tolerance...
- Oops! // Ausmarine;Mar2010, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p12
The article cites the remarks made by the author about the bluefin tuna naming which brought a reply from Roy Palmer, chief executive officer of Seafood Services Australia. The writer mentioned several examples how naming or language can pose some problems to people. He advocates simplicity in...
- The fish are jumping. Farkas, David // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct93, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p60
Presents statistics on consumption of various seafoods. Annual consumption of catfish; Popularity of pollocks; Increased consumption of crustaceans; Poll by marketing research firm HealthFocus on consumers' basis on food purchasing.
- Seafood spending rises to $41 billion. // FoodService Director;11/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p24
States that Americans spent more than $41 billion on fish and shellfish. Average seafood consumption in 1996; Top selling shellfish items; Volume of seafood consumed for domestic use in 1996 and 1995.
- Regional preference strong. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p72
Focuses on the role of regional preferences in the consumption of seafood dishes in the U.S. Health aspects of seafood; Seafood with high demand at Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine; Ways of cooking haddock fish; Information on crabmeat.
- Bilingual mail survey approach to examine seafood consumption practices among Hispanics living.... Weinstein, Stephanie J.; Bisogni, Carole A. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p201
Examines seafood consumption practices among Hispanic Americans in New York, New York. Use of bilingual mail survey approach in assessing seafood preferences and practices; Components of Hispanic diets; Variation in seafood consumption practices among Hispanics; Significance of the study in...
- Factors explaining seafood consumption among Hispanics living in New York City. Weinstein, Stephanie J.; Bisogni, Carole A. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p212
Assesses the factors influencing seafood consumption among Hispanic Americans in New York, New York. Beliefs associated with seafood consumption; Variation of beliefs and prior experience regarding seafood consumption among Hispanics from different countries of origin; Different aspects of...
- SEAFOOD STATUS. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p97
Reports the status of seafood consumption in the United States as of April 15, 2000. Details on the protein content of fish; Update on the usage of shrimp.