Steber and PoMC launch the 'Tim Muir.'
- Success for educational "kids day out" at Port of Melbourne. // Ausmarine;Jul2009, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p17
The article focuses on the Port of Melbourne Corporation's Schools on Board program, which was participated by students of Port Melbourne Primary School. The program enabled the students to visit the container ship, MSC Rafaela, where they were able to meet the captain and join a guided tour of...
- Around & About. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Dec2004, p10
This article presents news clippings related to shipping industry. Marine data solutions provider SeaZone has joined the Ordnance Survey Developer Partner Programme to create an interoperable dataset using Ordnance Survey and United Kingdom Hydrographic Office data. The Port of Melbourne Corp....
- DP World rent hike bid will hurt port sale. Wiggins, Jenny; Smith, Michael // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/5/2015, p17
The article reports that the Victorian government is trying to increase stevedores' rents at Port of Melbourne Corp. by up to 750 percent before being forced to back down, which has reduced the final price.
- New Port of Melbourne operations centre boosts port safety and security. // Ausmarine;Nov2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the unveiling of the new advanced port operations control centre (POCC) in the Port of Melbourne in Australia in November 2013, after the 3.2-million-dollar investment by Port of Melbourne Corporation.
- New Chair for Melbourne Ports. Lee, Mark // Australian Maritime Digest;Dec2011, Issue 208, p14
The article reports on the appointment of Mark Birrell as the new chairman of the Port of Melbourne Corp.
- Further Controversy For Port Phillip Project. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Sep2008, p11
The article reports that Victoria's Office of the Environmental Monitor has complained about the approach of Port of Melbourne Corp. (PoMC) in reporting a breach, which involved 9500 square meter of rugged sea bed near Port Phillip Bay. The missed area was detected in a routine check on July 20,...
- DP World wins waterfront fight. Wiggins, Jenny; Smith, Michael // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/4/2015, p1
The article reports that after abandoning a 750% rent increase for DP World Australia, Port of Melbourne Corp., owned by the Victorian Government, is to forego tens of millions of dollars in annual revenue.
- Record container trade for Port of Melbourne. // Ausmarine;Oct2011, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p17
The article presents a report by Port of Melbourne Corp. (PoMC) that the port of Melbourne in Victoria has registered a record handling of 2.39 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEU) in the 2010-2011 financial year, up by 7%.
- Port of Melbourne sell-off becoming political football. // Ausmarine;Feb2014, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p11
The article announces that potential privatisation of Victoria's last publicly-owned asset, the Port of Melbourne, has become a political between the state government and the opposition Labor Party after the latter signified intentions to sell the port if elected.