Austal launches Wind Express series
- 'FANTASEA AMMARI.'. // Ausmarine;Mar2007, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p22
The article evaluates the cruise vessel Fantasea Ammari built by Austal Ships.
- Austal soon to deliver 'Jean de Valette' to its Maltese owner. // Ausmarine;Sep2010, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p15
The article evaluates the 107-meter, high speed vehicle-passenger catamaran called Jean de la Valette from Austal for Virtu Ferries.
- AUSTAL SHIPS FULFILLING MILITARY REQUIREMENTS TOO. Wieldemann, Jan // Naval Forces;Feb2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p97
Interviews John Rothwell, chairman of Austal Ships. History of the shipbuilder; Reasons for buying a shipyard in Mobile, Alabama; Plans of the company to cater the U.S. military.
- JOHN ROTHWELL. // BRW;5/29/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p205
The article focuses on millionaire John Rothwell, one of the contenders to reach the elite level of "BRW" magazine's Rich 200 List in Australia. Rothwell has been the founding director of shipbuilder Austal. He has obtained an $82 million contract to build catamarans to operate between Hong Kong...
- Company Profiles. // Australia Defence & Security Report;Q1 2008, p37
The article profiles several companies in the Australian defence industry. Thales Australia is known as the largest defence contractor in Australia and manufactures products across the defence industry. Austal is the largest shipbuilder in Australia and manufactures a range of commercial vessels...
- 'Paria Bullet', 'Trini Flash', 'Carnival Runner', 'Calypso Sprinter.'. // Ausmarine;Sep2010, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p27
The article evaluates four 405 passenger aluminium catamaran ferries from Austal, such as Paria Bullet, Trini Flash, Carnival Runner and Calypso Sprinter.
- PRESSED TO SKILL. Fleming, Katherine // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/14/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6582, p36
The article reports on the job-switching trend in Australia. It is noted that on one hand resources boom has created wealth but on the other hand it also encouraged this trend. It is noted that mines are the sole beneficiaries of this trend. Perth-based Austal Ships has lost 250 workers in six...
- AUSTAL BUYS NORTH WEST BAY SHIPS' SHIPBUILDING FACILITIES. // Ausmarine;Apr2007, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p23
The article reports on the purchase of the shipbuilding sheds and facilities of Tasmanian builder North West Bay Ships at Margate south of Hobart, Tasmania, by Austal ships of Western Australia. According to Austal, the purchase aims to increase its skilled workforce with the majority of workers...
- Company Profiles. // Australia Defence & Security Report;Q3 2010, p75
The article presents profiles of companies in Australian defense and security industries as of September 2010. Austal, considered as Australia's biggest shipbuilder, is involved in the manufacture of theatre support vessels and patrol boats. Details of the JP 2008 3F Program, the contract won by...