By the Numbers
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Modern Physician;Apr2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p28
Presents statistics on healthcare spending worldwide from 1980 through 2000.
- Medical care up overall. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;06/22/98, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p4
Presents statistics on overall medical care prices in the United States as of May 1998. Reason for the medical care price increase.
- Personal health care expenditures: CYs 1960-93. // Health Care Financing Review;1995 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p12
Presents statistics on personal health care expenditures for the calendar years 1960 to 1993. Increase in spending for national health care in dollar terms and as a proportion of the gross domestic product (GDP); Rate of growth of the health care sector; Spending for health care per person.
- Hospital, physician producer price index. // Modern Healthcare;11/21/94, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p24
Presents a hospital/physician producer price index for one episode of care in October 1994. Acute care hospitals; Psychiatric hospitals; Other specialty hospitals; Physicians; Index for the 12-month period ending October 1994.
- Health care reform. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p18
Reports on health care spending in the United States in 1991. Analysis by the Physician Payment Review Commission; Comparison of spending between states; Target spendings.
- UNINSURED COSTS. // Medical Economics;7/10/2009, Vol. 86 Issue 13, p25
The article presents statistics on the uninsured amount spend by the U.S. government on healthcare for Americans in 2008.
- Medical-care spending--United States. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;8/19/1994, Vol. 43 Issue 32, p581
Examines statistical data on medical spending by disease category in the United States using the 1987 National Medical Expenditure Survey (NMES-2) as basis. Cardiovascular disease; Injuries; Cancer and genitourinary disease; Well care and preventive care; Limitations of the survey; Direct...
- EMPLOYER MEDICAL COSTS/BY THE NUMBERS. // Medical Economics;7/9/2010, Vol. 87 Issue 13, p17
The article presents statistics on the employer medical costs in the U.S.
- Medi-Cal program total annual payments by county to providers 1991. // San Diego Business Journal;7/19/93, Vol. 14 Issue 29, Health Care Update 1993 p22A
Presents several graphs on total annual payments by county to providers for 1991. Los Angeles; Orange; Sacramento; San Bernardino; San Diego.
- Health-care costs hemorrhage: Employers want to control spending. Alvarado, Angeles // Caribbean Business;8/26/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 34, Puerto Rico... pS52
Reports on the increase in health-care costs in Puerto Rico. Statistics; Employers' search for effective methods of controlling costs without sacrificing quality health-care plans for their employees; Implications on corporate profits; Study by A Louis Harris & Associates Inc. indicating fears...