Governor Drops Tax Plan
- Service tax plan projects $1.26B in new revenue. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;2/22/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p4
The article reports that Michigan governor Jennifer Granholm have proposed to generate 1.26 billion dollars in fiscal 2011 by extending a sales tax to consumer services.
- Promise Breakers. Cruzak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/13/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the efforts of Grand Rapids commissioners to urge Michigan state lawmakers and Governor Jennifer Granholm to reallocate the full amount of sales tax revenue through revenue-sharing. The effect of the state's failure to return sales tax revenue on the city's budget is...
- Time for lawmakers to deal on budget. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/15/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p8
The article presents the author's opinion on Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm's tax proposals. The author opines that Granholm's proposed sales tax on consumer services may be political poison to some, but it more accurately reflects the state economy. The governor is right to propose...
- Michigan Senate votes to delay service tax. // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Dec2007, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p82
The article reports on the decision of the Michigan Senate to delay SB845, a new sales tax on services, sponsored by Senator Cameron Brown (R-Fawn River) in Michigan until December 20, 2007. Business communities are fighting the plan of Governor Jennifer Granholm, but the tax has support among...
- TAX FILE: Diesel tax breaks proliferate. Simonson, Ken // Fleet Owner;Aug2006, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the signing of regulation which lowers biodiesel tax in the U.S. Governor Jennifer Granholm has signed a bill that reduced the state tax rate on biodiesel by three cents per gallon in Michigan. A measure that converts sales tax from four percent rate to an eight percent...
- Tax Fixes Hinted. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p25
Reports on tax changes plan of Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm to balance a budget gap. Possible repeal of a cut in state income tax.
- Some advice for our new governor. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Presents suggestions for the governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan elected in the year 2002. Priority for urban development; Increase in diesel tax; Concern for the business community.
- KEITH CRAIN: And now the really hard work begins. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p8
Focuses on challenges faced by the governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm. Stimulation of business; Increase in taxes; Need for cooperation of both the parties for success.
- Granholm targets public-relations, marketing contracts. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p16
Reports on efforts of Jennifer Granholm, governor of Michigan, to put a stop to state contracts for public relations, marketing and other services deemed nonessential. Reason for the efforts of Granholm to contain state contracts; Condition when a state contract could be terminated; Contracts...