Time Is Right for Debt Sale by Houston College District
- Houston College System Does Maiden Issue of $120M in GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31777, p30
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds by the Houston Community College System in Houston, Texas. Features of the community college system; Development of a student-fee revenue bonds; Financial adviser for the system.
- New Lease on Life at Houston System? Lum, Lydia // Community College Week;12/10/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p10
Provides information on the Houston Community College System (HCCS) in Houston, Texas. Reason for the decision of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to put the college system on probationary status in 2000; Working relationship between the members of the system's board of...
- The latest news in Texas' economic development arena…. // Perryman Texas Letter;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p3
Presents updates on issues and topics concerning economic development in Texas as of September 22, 2005. Number of people employed for Texas Health and Human Services facility; Expansion project planned by Providence Healthcare Network; Construction of the Houston Community College System.
- Community college experiences numerous benefits after adopting e-finance services. // University Business;Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 9, Special section p3
An interview with director of student financial services Nandy Baldonado of Houston Community College System (HCCS) in Houston, Texas is presented. When asked about the factors that drive the HCCS to use the CASHNet Product Suite from Higher One Inc., Baldonado says that CASHNet met the school's...
- SACS Takes Houston Community College System Off Probation. Lum, Lydia // Black Issues in Higher Education;2/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p12
Reports that the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) had taken Houston Community College System (HCCS) of Texas off probation. Actions taken by the HCCS to improve performance; Overview of the ethnic profile of the student population; Purpose of the probation; List of issues...
- Are We Done Yet? // Community College Week;7/19/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p20
Presents a photo of Ruby Nieto filling out a financial aid form at Texas' Houston Community College System during the college's financial aid fair.
- Houston Community College Trustee's Ethics Reform Quest Bears Fruit. FORD, WILLIAM J. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;9/15/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p8
The article presents a profile of Houston Community College (HCC) Board of Trustees member Mary Ann Perez and examines how she has implemented changes to board policy in order to improve HCC's ethical practices. Particular focus is paid to Perez's efforts regarding limits on trustee's...
- TRADE OF THE TOOLS. WONG, WYLIE // Community College Journal;Apr/May2012, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p54
The article discusses the utilization of mobile learning devices at the higher education in the U.S. It mentions the deployment of tablet computers at Phoenix College (PC) in Arizona and the $100,000 grant received by the Houston Community College (HCC) Southwest College to pilot emerging...
- Oklahoma's St. Francis Health Care Readies $180 Million Deal. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p3
Reports the marketing on the taxable and tax-exempt revenue bonds of the Saint Francis Health Care System in Tulsa County, Oklahoma. Information on the issuance of the bonds; Estimation of tax-exempt Series B bonds allocated for the capital projects at Saint Francis Hospital; Allocation for...