How CUs Can Turn Burden Of Compliance Into Opportunity
- Balancing CU Needs With Member Needs Is Essential in Rebuilding Process. SIEGRIEST, LINDSEY // Credit Union Times;6/24/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p21
The article discusses the importance of balancing the needs of credit unions (CUs) as well as their members in the U.S. Mike Moebs, an economist and chief executive officer (CEO) of Moebs Services, stresses the necessity for CUs to lower their essential fees in order to help their members. It...
- Revenue Rise? Just Wishful Thinking. // Credit Union Journal;10/10/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p6
In this article, the author discusses the claim by industry consultant Mike Moebs that the increasing overdraft revenue is just a wishful thinking, wherein a survey shows that consumers do not want high-cost bank overdrafts.
- Time To 'Raise Those Bloody Rates' // Credit Union Journal;9/12/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p16
The article reports on the suggestion of Mike Moebs, economist and chief executive officer (CEO) of Moebs Services for the credit unions to increase the automobile loans as a result of the downgrade to the U.S. Treasuries.
- Corporates' Losing Wager Made Worse By Lack of Effective Hedging Strategies. Birch, Ray // Credit Union Journal;7/19/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p22
The article offers information on the analysis of chief executive officer (CEO) Mike Moebs of Moebs Services on the failure of corporate credit unions in hedging their investments.
- People Overstaffing People. Birch, Ray // Credit Union Journal;5/18/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the overstaffing of credit unions (CUs) in the U.S. It highlights the claim of Mike Moebs, chief executive officer (CEO) of Moebs Services, regarding the need of CUs to evaluate their workforce and to determine if the staffing level matches with the company's growth...
- Analyst: CUs Can't Afford $17B Cost To Bail Out Failed Corporates. Birch, Ray // Credit Union Journal;7/19/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p22
The article provides the conclusion of economic analyst Mike Moebs regarding the capacity of credit unions (CU) to bail out of failed corporates. Moebs says that credit unions have only a single source of capital, thus, making it incapable of affording the 17 billion dollars cost. Moreover, he...
- Analyst: Natural-Person CUs Can't Afford $17B Cost To Bail Out Failed Corporates. // Credit Union Journal;7/19/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p40
The article offers the insights of economist and chief executive officer (CEO) Mike Moebs of Moebs Services regarding the approach of the U.S. National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to resolve the corporate crisis that will exceed to the cost of 17 billion dollars for natural-person credit...
- As industry Collects Billions, Consumers Cry Foul. Cannad, Lee // U.S. Banker;May2005, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p50
The article reports that overdraft protection has become a hotly contested issue, and while banks are expected to begin communicating their policies on fees more clearly in the wake of joint guidance published in February 2005 by regulators. Fees stemming from overdraft protection and...
- Cut Capital Standards, Cut Red Ink. // Credit Union Journal;4/27/2009, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p26
The article reports on the issue concerning reducing capital standards of credit unions in the U.S. According to Mike Moebs of Moebs Services, the number of natural-person credit union needing assistance by 1,000 will be reduced if the capital standards will be cut to three percent. It also...