Your Opportunity is Out There�Go Get It!
- INTRODUCTION. Barnes, Alison // International Journal of Employment Studies;Apr2010, Vol. 18 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Terri Mylett on the concept of safety culture, another by Sue Johnston and Julian Teicher on diversity management, and one by Susan Ressia on labour market opportunities.
- Adapting to Diversity Begins in the Work Place. Schwartz, Diane // Business News New Jersey;04/24/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p10
Discusses the need for workplace diversity among New Jersey firms as globalization becomes a major business trend in the latter part of the 20th century. Distinction of New Jersey as the most densely populated state in the United States; Impact of changes in the ethnic make-up of New Jersey.
- Saluting a Diversified Work Force. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p62
Reports that diversity of the workforce is a key element in the success of a company. Recognition of companies for multicultural diversity; Importance of diversity in the workplace.
- Diversity management in a sample of South African companies. Strydom, Jacques B.; Erwee, Ronel // South African Journal of Business Management;Mar98, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p14
Utilizes an interview schedule to test the applicability of the Cox model of diversity management in a sample of South African companies. Description of the sample used in the study; Definitions of diversity; Factors that affect a person's group affiliations; Analysis of the study results...
- Out of uniform. Carayol, Rene // Director (00123242);Aug2002, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p58
Discusses diversity among companies in the United Kingdom. Advantages of diversity in business; Details on how businesses can harness diversity; Diversity in the management of companies in the fast-food industry.
- 100 of the top companies for new careers offering diversity development opportunities. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Oct/Nov1996, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p46
Lists top companies for new careers offering diversity development opportunities.
- High Court Opens Door To Race-Conscious Recruitment. Burr, Michael T. // Corporate Legal Times;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 142, p28
Focuses on the decisions of the Supreme Court involving diversity-recruitment programs at the University of Michigan. View of the court on corporate diversity; Importance of having a diverse workforce or leadership group in a company; Reason for using racial preferences by firms.
- Another look at the glass ceiling. Maurer, Mickey // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/3/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p10
In this article, the author discusses the diversity condition of several companies in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Set-aside programs secure in Illinois. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;10/21/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 42, 1 pSR14
Reports on the certification plan in the supplier diversity initiatives for women and minority business owners in Chicago, Illinois. Benefit of the diversity procurement programs on the annual billings of Label &l Packaging president Diane Craig; Recognition of the state on the program;...