- PACKETS. // Wireless Week;2/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p8
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of February 25, 2002. Contract won by Nortel Networks from Microcell; Contract signed by Motorola Inc. with TelCA; Wireless information server demonstrated by Arch Wireless Inc.
- Business Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;6/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p15
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of June 2, 2003. Contract awarded by Cincinnati Bell Wireless to Nortel Networks Ltd.; Implementation of the Amdocs Enabler billing platform of T-Mobile USA Inc.; Purchase of the full suite of the operations support systems solution...
- Global Wireless. // RCR Wireless News;6/6/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p28
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of June 2005. Information on a contract signed by Bell Mobility with Nortel Networks Ltd.; Selection of Gemplus International SA by T-Mobile for its future card and service deployments; Plans of Nokia regarding its base station...
- Nigerian carrier begins 1x service. // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p22
Reports on the launching of cellular telephone services in Nigeria by Nortel Networks Ltd. and Multi-Links Telecommunciations Ltd. Number of customers the companies target.
- Vendors differ on including devices in network sale. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;11/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p14
Focuses on the end-to-end strategy used by wireless companies in the U.S. Companies that market their end-to-end strategies as one-stop shops for carriers; Views of Mark Morell, director of strategic marketing at Nortel, on the focus of the company; Preference of consumers according to Ericsson...
- movements. // Telecom Asia;Feb2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p13
The article reports global developments in the telecommunication industry. The Yahoo! Inc. board formally rejects Microsoft Corp.'s $44.6 billion offer for the Internet company. Motorola Inc. and Nortel Networks Corp. are reportedly discussing a joint venture that would combine their wireless...
- Nortel financial troubles continue. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;3/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the financial problems of Nortel Networks Ltd. The company decided to delay the statement of its annual financial report for 2006, and announced that it will be restating its financial results for 2004, 2005 and the first nine months of 2006, and will make adjustments to...
- Vendors announce spate of infrastructure contracts for 3G, EDGE deployments. // RCR Wireless News;3/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p51
Reports on several wireless infrastructure suppliers that have contracts with wireless carriers. Lucent Technologies Inc. with T-Systems and Caymonone; Nortel Networks Ltd. with Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago Ltd.; ZTE Corp. with ATM Mobilis.
- Nortel dogged by financials even as it aims to boost
its image. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;11/15/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p18
Reports on the financial inconsistencies faced by wireless company Nortel Networks Ltd. as it aims to improve its image in the wireless telecommunication industry in the U.S. in 2004. Information on a media campaign launched by Nortel to improve its image; Views of president and CEO Bill Owens...