Qualcomm, TI Reveal Struggles, Optimism
- Strong handset demand propel Qualcomm, TI's financial results. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;4/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p13
This article presents information on profits reported by San Diego, California-based Qualcomm Inc. and Dallas, Texas-based Texas Instruments Inc. in their latest fiscal quarters, as of April 2006. For Qualcomm's second fiscal quarter, which ended March 26, it reported net income of $593 million,...
- TI sees slower growth, Qualcomm bullish on 3G. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses the financial performance of Texas Instruments (TI) Inc. and Qualcomm Inc. The fourth-quarter revenue and net income of TI are revealed. The revenue of Qualcomm has increased by 16%. Meanwhile, TI plans to reduce 500 jobs to reduce costs as it hunkers down for a period of...
- Investors high on Qualcomm despite tepid outlook. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;7/28/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p9
The article reports that the deal between Qualcomm Inc. and Nokia Corp. caused a decline in the former's actual earnings in fiscal third quarter. According to analysts from Texas Instruments Inc. though the deal has resulted in a growth of company's handset shipment in the first half of the year...
- Qualcomm sees sunny skies; TI says partly cloudy. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;4/28/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p9
The article reports on the financial performance of Qualcomm Inc. and Texas Instruments (TI) Inc. For the second quarter of the 2008 fiscal year, revenue of Qualcomm rose 1% on the outlook and the company's earnings news, while its net income reached $766 million, up 6% over the year-ago...
- Digital phone sales boost TI's earnings. // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p19
Reports on Dallas, Texas-based Texas Instruments' announcement of a 163 percent increase in its earnings as of July 20, 1999.
- TI Posts $589M Loss on Write-Downs. // Electronic News;1/27/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 4, pN.PAG
Reports on the financial status of Texas Instruments Inc. as of the fourth quarter of 2002. Net loss incurred by the company during the quarter; Factors which contributed to the poor financial performance; Comparison of the financial performance of the company in the third and fourth quarter of...
- TI Boosts Q4 Outlook. // Electronic News;12/9/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 50, pN.PAG
Reports that Texas Instruments Inc. (TI) has increased its fourth quarter revenue outlook for 2002. Decline in semiconductor revenue expected by TI; Factor attributed to its overall revenue drop; Improvement in the company's earnings; Comments from Bill Aylesworth, TI chief financial officer.
- TI cuts jobs, earnings disappoint. // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p29
Focuses on the decline of the earnings of Texas Instruments Inc. in the first quarter of 2001. Move of the company to reduce its workerforce; Details on the income of the company.
- TI's Revs Jump on Semi Sales, Cuts 1,250 Jobs. // Electronic News;4/21/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 16, pN.PAG
Announces the increase in revenues earned by Texas Instruments Inc. for the first quarter of 2003. Contribution of the semiconductor segment of the company to the revenues; Factors that lead to the increase in revenues; Background of the company.