Carriers Seek Speedy Next Wave Settlement
- NextWave: Done Deal? Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p1
Reports the settlement of a battle over the coveted spectrum of NextWave Telecom Inc. Terms of the settlement; Controversies facing the company; Benefit of the settlement to the U.S. Treasury.
- Congress Says 'Bah, Humbug' To NextWave Settlement. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;12/31/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 51, p34
Discusses issues on the spectrum settlement of Nextwave Telecom Incorporated in the United States telecommunication industry . Companies that are included in the settlement; Speculation on the company that are involved in the settlement; Details of the settlement deal.
- NEXTWAVE SETTLEMENT IS ANYTHING BUT CERTAIN. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;12/17/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 24, p15
Focuses on issues about the proposed settlement of NextWave Telecom's controversy with the U.S. Treasury. Implications of the settlement on the regulation of telecommunication companies; Factors being considered in the approval of the proposed settlement.
- Sprint PCS Plans Stock Offerings. // Wireless Week;7/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the request of the wireless companies to the government agencies to expedite a settlement with NextWave Telecom Inc. over telecommunication licenses. Letter sent by the carriers to the authorities; Resolution procedure outlined in the letter.
- Congress takes notice of NextWave deal. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;12/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the decision of the United States Congress to consider the settlement deal regarding the disputed licenses of bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc. as of December 2001. Statement issued by Verizon Wireless; Request of Senator John McCain for information regarding the beneficiaries of the...
- NextWave, UWB Top FCC's Wireless Agenda. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;12/31/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 51, p6
Reports on the wireless policy and regulatory priorities in the telecommunication industry in the United States (U.S.) as of December 2001. Details of the ultrawideband rules on the Nextwave Telecom Inc. case; Failure of the U.S. Congress to approve the case's settlement deal; Issue on the...
- NextWave Windfall. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/1/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p1
Reports that the shares of NextWave Telecom Inc. has been sold off by LLC International Inc., a voice and data technology service provider. Reason for the decision of LLC to sell NextWave shares; Background of the bankruptcy settlement between NextWave and the United States Federal...
- NextWave/FCC Wash Hands Of Spectrum Struggle. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;5/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p12
Analyzes the implications of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) settlement with NextWave Telecom for other spectrum licensees. Highlights of the settlement; Perspectives on the effects of the NextWave deal on Nextel Communications' 800 MHz telecommunication spectrum; Actions...
- NextWave Settlement Signed: What's Next? Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;11/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p3
Reports that NextWave Telecom Inc. has agreed to sign a settlement agreement that would allow wireless carriers to keep dollars for the United States Treasury. Terms of the settlement deal; Significance of the agreement; Efforts of NextWave to build its networks in its licenses markets.