Sprint PCS Plans Stock Offerings
- NEXTWAVE SETTLEMENT IS ANYTHING BUT CERTAIN. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;12/17/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 24, p15
Focuses on issues about the proposed settlement of NextWave Telecom's controversy with the U.S. Treasury. Implications of the settlement on the regulation of telecommunication companies; Factors being considered in the approval of the proposed settlement.
- Congress takes notice of NextWave deal. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;12/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the decision of the United States Congress to consider the settlement deal regarding the disputed licenses of bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc. as of December 2001. Statement issued by Verizon Wireless; Request of Senator John McCain for information regarding the beneficiaries of the...
- NextWave: Done Deal? Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p1
Reports the settlement of a battle over the coveted spectrum of NextWave Telecom Inc. Terms of the settlement; Controversies facing the company; Benefit of the settlement to the U.S. Treasury.
- Carriers Seek Speedy Next Wave Settlement. // Wireless Week;7/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p3
Reports on the request of several wireless companies to the U.S. government agencies to expedite a settlement with NextWave Telecom Inc. over wireless licenses. Carriers involved in the case; Resolution procedure outlined in the letter; Response of NextWave on the settlement.
- NextWave fires litigation salvo to keep licenses. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p33
Highlights NextWave Telcom Inc.'s claim that the United States Federal Communications Commission is attempting to re-auction its licenses before a federal appeals court can rule whether it has the authority to do so.
- New Era For NextWave. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the business operation of NextWave Telecom. Speculation on the investments received by the company.
- Time Up For NextWave? Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the problems faced by the wireless communication service providers NextWave Telecom. Legal battle with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for the spectrum; Previous investment capitals of NextWave; Outlook for the company.
- Another day, another appeals court for C-block debacle. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
Reports on bankrupt PCS operator NextWave Telecom Inc.'s filing of a petition for review with the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit `for protective purposes.' Company's filing of a longer and more-detailed petition for reconsideration with the Federal Communications Commission...
- AIR ERRORS. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;6/2/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision that the Federal Communications Commission violated the federal bankruptcy law when it repossessed NextWave Telecom Inc.'s 90 spectrum licenses in the C and F blocks. Plan to sell its licenses to Cingular Wireless; Estimated value of the licenses.