The true cost of starting up as an owner-operator
- Working time go slow. // Commercial Motor;3/17/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5120, p28
Focuses on the history of the Working Time Directive for the commercial vehicle industry in Great Britain. Recommended maximum working week for drivers by the European Commission Council; Challenges in implementing the legislation; Problems with the legislation.
- Changing times. Cunnane, Patric // Commercial Motor;3/17/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5120, p34
Presents information on the Road Transport Working Time Regulations to be implemented in Great Britain on April 4, 2005. Effects of the regulations on commercial vehicle drivers; Definition of working time; Calculation of working time limits.
- TRAINING COURSES. // Commercial Motor;11/26/2009, Vol. 210 Issue 5359, p24
The article lists several training courses for drivers and managers from the haulage industry in Great Britain which includes a lift truck instructor course from December 7 to 11, 2009, a course on CPC national freight on November 30, 2009, and a course on drivers' hours and working time...
- Motor: Briefs. // Traffic World;2/22/99, Vol. 257 Issue 8, p24
Reports developments in the motor transport industry in North America. Recognition of drivers by Overnite Transportation; Service agreement entered into by Towne Air Freight and Freightmasters; Accreditation of the Manitoba Trucking Industry Education Advisory Committee to deliver professional...
- Here comes the summer... Cole, Louise // Commercial Motor;7/9/2009, Vol. 210 Issue 5339, p48
The article presents information and suggestions that need to be taken care of, by the haulage industry in summer season. Insurance company Direct Line has warned that more people are likely to be drinking and driving as financial constraints make them less likely to take cabs. It is suggested...
- TRAINING COURSES. // Commercial Motor;12/1/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5461, p36
A calendar of events for commercial driver training in Great Britain from December 7, 2011 to March 27, 2012 is presented which includes the O-license awareness by the Freight Transport Association on December 7, 2011, the driver certificate of professional competence (CPC) training on January...
- Suffering in silence. Stanton, Justin // Commercial Motor;5/9/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 5534, p14
The article focuses on the findings of the survey for operators who shared their experiences under unreasonable behavior by Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) officers as part of April's Trucking Britain survey in 2013. It states that 35% said they felt like they have been victimized by...
- Vosa fines to rise this July. // Commercial Motor;6/13/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 5539, p7
The article reports that the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) has revealed increases in fines issued as graduated fixed penalties (GFPs) for commercial vehicle (CV) drivers in July 2013.
- It's decision timeâ€¦. // Commercial Motor;3/23/2006, Vol. 203 Issue 5170, p17
The article offers advice for drivers on dealing with the new tachograph technology in Great Britain as of March 23, 2006. A driver card must be issued to use a vehicle with digital tachograph. It is revealed that most operators expect to pay for the first card based on a survey. Amendment of...