Searching For An Oasis
- WebLink would like to pair with SkyTel. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p18
Reports on the dismissal of Arch Wireless Incorporated's proposal to acquire WebLink Wireless Inc. Reason for the failure of the deal; Background of the companies; Details of the bankruptcy protection filed by Arch.
- Top Paging Carriers Exit Retail Though Two-Way Selection Grows. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p37
Reports the business termination plans of Arch Wireless Inc. and Weblink Wireless Inc. for the N-PCS pager retail in New York. Pager business closure of Positive Communications; Continuation of pager sale to local wireless specialty stores by Arch; Economic factors affecting the weak business...
- WebLink stock drops on poor earnings. // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p25
Reveals that WebLink Wireless Inc.'s stocks dropped by almost 50% in the week ended February 24, 2001, after the company released its financial report for the fourth quarter of 2000.
- Arch to emerge from bankruptcy, WebLink 10-Q raises questions. // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p18
Presents updates on the U.S. telecommunication industry as of May 20, 2002. Approval of the reorganization plan of Arch Wireless Inc. by the bankruptcy court; Remarks from Arch chairman and chief executive officer C. Edward Baker Jr.; Reason for the delayed filing of the quarterly report of...
- Arch Wireless Banks on Two-Way Demand. Appin, Rick // High Yield Report;2/19/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p5
Focuses on the financial strategy of Arch Wireless Inc., an Internet messaging and mobile data services company in the U.S. Creation of a US shelf registration; Plan of the company to cater high yield market; Selling of the specialized mobile radio licenses to Nextel Communications Inc.
- WebLink Seeks $70 Million. // Wireless Week;02/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the funding needed by WebLink Wireless in order to continue its transformation from a paging company to a data company in 2001. Performance of the company in 2000; Loss reported by WebLink in the fourth quarter of 2000; Investment of the company in wireless data network.
- Arch Wireless gets stock boost. // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p55
Reports on the increase in the stock price of Arch Wireless Inc. at the start of trading on February 15, 2001.
- WebLink files Chapter 11. // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p22
Reports that WebLink Wireless Inc. has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May 2001 in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas division. Reason for filing bankruptcy protection; Why Metrocall Inc. backed out of a merger plan with WebLink.
- WebLink Finds Formula To Paint Unified Picture. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p34
Highlights the Internet protocol-based data network accessible to employees at WebLink Wireless. Management of the network; Software solution used by Weblink Wireless.