Alex bowls over the record books
- PAGE THREE. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/17/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p3
Presents news items related to business in New Hampshire as of November 30, 2000. Public Virtues.Com's partnership with Center of New Hampshire-Holiday Inn to sponsor an introductory business etiquette and dining skills seminar for regional media representatives; DF Richard Energy's donation to...
- BIG DEALS. // Business NH Magazine;Feb2014, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p57
The article offers New Hampshire news briefs as of 2014.Opening of the office of Newburyport Five Cents Savings Bank. Acquisition of information technology solution provider, Newmarket International Inc. by the technology provider of the travel industry, Amadeus. Donation of 5,000 dollars by the...
- Hopping toward the heights of fame. Donahue, Bill // Christian Science Monitor;6/26/97, Vol. 89 Issue 148, p16
Presents the author's experience trying to break the world record for jumps on a pogo-stick. The desire to accomplish something which would elevate them out of their perceived mediocrity; What happened when the author unofficially broke the record.
- Sardine sandwich. // New Internationalist;Nov94, Issue 261, p30
Reports on world records being broken in Lima, Peru. Longest sardine sandwich; Largest mural; Largest eucalyptus broom.
- Pakistan Passionate About Collecting World Records. LEIBY, MICHELE LANGEVINE // News India Times;4/5/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p20
The article observes that Pakistan is passionate about collecting world records, noting that the country has reaped 23 world records in 2012 tat were verified by the Guiness World of Records.
- Weird, wackyand wonderful world of record setting. // India Today;8/4/2014, p40
The article reports on Guinness World Records allowing Indians to set new records.
- Add this up. // India Today;8/4/2014, p42
The article reports that there has been 400 percent increase in the number of applications from India to Guinness World Records since 2007.
- Toronto Holds Tooth Brushing Record. // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p370
The article reports that Toronto, Ontario has set a brushathon record when 4,633 students simultaneously brushed their teeth for three minutes.
- INDIA: Crazy for World Records. Subramanian, Samanth; Potenza, Alessandra; Tyler, Gabriel // New York Times Upfront;3/16/2015, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p2
The article focuses on the history of India in making Guinness world records and mentions topics including the biggest gathering of people sporting the outfits of Mohandas Gandhi, Ram Singh Chauhan with the longest moustache in the world, and the longest limbo-skated distance under cars.