Don't bank on it
- Mass. banks move to cut fees, ease rules on checking accounts. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;6/29/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 124, p5
Reports that the Massachusetts Community and Banking Council has persuaded banks in the state to lower fees and minimum deposit requirements for checking and savings accounts. Massachusetts Bankers Association's funding of the organization; Banks' agreement to loosen identification...
- The Deposit Protection Fund and moral hazard. Kmet, Tomas // Slovak Spectator;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p7
Features the Deposit Protection Fund, set up by the Slovak government to protect the bank accounts of ordinary citizens when a bank fails. Importance of a financial system for an economy; Advantages of the deposit protection fund.
- CD savers face a difficult call. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;1/22/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 39, p20
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of callable certificate of deposit accounts.
- Could you turn down this child's pitch? // ABA Banking Journal;Feb83, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the promotion of Mohawk National Bank's Christmas Club accounts. Advertising campaign of the bank.
- IT PAYS TO SWITCH AND SPLIT. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/15/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4732, p33
The article focuses on various issues related to business banking.
- Dangerous knowledge. // Esquire;Dec97, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p32
Focuses on the Austrian bank account also known as Sparbuch. Features of the bank account; Benefits of the bank account; How to join the Sparbuch set.
- Middle East bankers found wanting. // Accountancy;Feb1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1110, p54
Reports on a survey of Middle East bank accounts by Price Waterhouse showing that very many failed to produce even the most basic set of accounts. Top two accounts in the region; Disclosure of accounting policies.
- Local banks encourage consumers to open accounts. Zarcone, Teresa // Caribbean Business;11/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p35
Reports the encouragement of local banking industry on residents to open a bank account in Puerto Rico. Misconception of a bank account among residents; Education of youth on bank services; Creation of an out-reach community program for orientation on loans by Citibank.
- Competing for current accounts. // Accountancy;Jan1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1109, p49
Reports that major banks in Great Britain are offering free current account banking if the account remains in credit. Total fees charged by National Westminster to overdrawn accounts; Plans of Barclays and Lloyd's to offer free banking to customers with an average current account of 500 pounds.