Dublin store rebrands to clear up confusion
- CB2 just keeps 'barreling' along. DeGross, Renée // Shopping Center World;Nov2002, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the expansion plans of the furniture and accessory concept of Crate & Barell in the U.S. Development of two more stores on Chicago area; Number of stores operating of the company; Business plans to open five lifestyle and full-sized stores annually.
- Crate & Barrel plans 3 CB2 units for 2002. // Furniture/Today;3/11/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p12
Reports the plan of launching additional store outlets of Crate & Barrel Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Development of concept for younger consumers; Variation of product mix; Rarity of product designs.
- The vision thing. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;02/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p16
Focuses on the business philosophy of Gordon Segal, an executive of Crate & Barrel Inc. in San Francisco, California. Enthusiasm for the company; Dedication to the architecture of the store; Target on younger customers.
- Crate & barrel plans 5 home stores in '03. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;11/18/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p53
Details the business planning of furniture retailer Crate & Barrel in the U.S. Plan of opening several stores in 2003; Rollout of the contemporary CB2 format; Shift in the technique of furniture display.
- Crate & Barrel gets intimate. // DSN Retailing Today;3/22/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p29
Reports on the opening of Crate & Barrel's first store in Bergen County, New Jersey. Pricing nitiative of the company to attract middle-income consumers; Architectural design elements of the facility that impacts the company's products; Business plans for Crate & Barrel.
- A change is gonna come. Hespe, Michelle // Australian Giftguide;Jul-Sep2012, p76
The article offers the insights of Crate and Barrel chief executive officer (CEO) Barbara Turf on managing business changes during her presentation at the 2012 International Home + Housewares Show. She says that business must change and leaders have the responsibilities to make a wise change....
- Crate & Barrel narrows NYC site search. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/25/94, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p54
Reports on the search conducted by Crate & Barrel for an office site in Manhattan, New York, N.Y.
- Crate and Barrel quietly opens at the Westchester mega mall. Cleary, Kristen Maree // Westchester County Business Journal;6/26/95, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p15
Reports on Crate and Barrel's opening of a unit at the Westchester mall in White Plains, New York on June 16, 1995. Comments from Carol Saposnik, the company's northeast regional manager; Reasons for the lack of publicity on the unit's opening; Main competitors.
- Crate's coming. // Crain's New York Business;4/25/94, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p43
Reports on Northbrook, Illinois-based Crate & Barrel's search for a location for its New York City, New York retail store.