Simultaneous Headspace-GC--FID Analysis for Methanol and Ethanol in Blood, Saliva, and Urine: Validation of Method and Comparison of Specimens
- Ethanol Concentrations in Antemortem Blood Samples Under Controlled Conditions. Petkovi�, Stojan; Savi�, Slobodan; Zgonjanin, Dragana; Samojlik, Isidora // Alcohol & Alcoholism;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p658
The change of antemortem blood alcohol concentration (BAC) in inadequately processed samples was examined. Methods: The study was performed on nine healthy, sober volunteers after overnight fasting. Blood samples were divided into groups and stored, with or without NaF, for varying time periods...
- An Uncertainty Budget for the Measurement of Ethanol in Blood by Head-Space Gas Chromatography. // Journal of Analytical Toxicology;May/Jun2004, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p303
Presents the abstract of the study "An Uncertainty Budget for the Measurement of Ethanol in Blood by Head-Space Gas Chromatography," by Jesper Kristiansen and Henning Willads Petersen.
- Gas Chromatographic Determination of Traces of O-Isobutyl S-2-(N,N-Diethylamino)ethyl Methyl Phosphonothioate (VX-Like Compound) in Working Area and Community Air. Stan'kov, I. N.; Sergeeva, A. A.; Sitnikov, V. B.; Derevyagina, I. D.; Morozova, O. T.; Mylova, S. N. // Journal of Analytical Chemistry;Nov2004, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p1079
A gas-chromatographic procedure is proposed for the determination of O-isobutyl S-2-(N,N-diethylamino)ethyl methyl phosphonothioate (mixed ester) at the maximum permissible level for the working area air (5 ï¿½ 10ï¿½6 mg/m3) and at the safe reference level of impact for the community air...
- Improving the Analysis of Biodiesel Using Capillary Flow Technology. McCurry, James D.; Chunxiao Wang // LC-GC North America;Jun2007 Application Notebook Suppl, Vol. 25, p48
The article focuses on the improvement of the analysis of biodiesel using Capillary Flow Technology. The author explains that the analysis of glycerins in pure biodiesel can be improved using a retention gap attached to the analytical column with a Capillary Flow Technology Ultimate Union. The...
- The Analysis of Small Brominated and Chlorinated Aromatic Compounds using MEPS. Jönsson, Sofie; Hagberg, Jessika; Lahoutifard, Nazafarin; van Bavel, Bert // LC-GC Europe;Dec2008 Applications Book, Vol. 21, p19
The article presents an analysis of 2,4,6-trichloroanisole (TCA) and 2,4,6-tribromoanisole (TBA) through microextraction by packed sorbent (MEPS). The stock solutions and working solutions are prepared in methanol and by dilution of the stock solution with methanol in wine, respectively. In...
- Static Headspace Analysis of Alcohol and Common Abused Inhalants in Blood Using Dual-Column Gas Chromatography. // Journal of Analytical Toxicology;May/Jun2004, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p290
Presents the abstract of the study "Static Headspace Analysis of Alcohol and Common Abused Inhalants in Blood Using Dual-Column Gas Chromatography," by Julie Kancler.
- Packed-column supercritical fluid chromatography with splitless flame ionization detection. Thurbide, Kevin B.; Gilbert, Shawn // Canadian Journal of Chemistry;Mar2004, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p479
The design and characterization of a flame ionization detector (FID) that is compatible with the high flow rates of packed-column supercritical fluid chromatography (pSFC) is presented. The modified FID uses a large quartz burner (4.0 mm i.d.) in place of the conventional burner (0.4 mm i.d.)...
- Gas Chromatography Strives for Better Separation. Sidawi, Danielle // R&D Magazine;Mar2004, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p28
Deals with the advantages two-dimensional gas chromatography (GC) technique for separation yields. Ionization selectivity of the technique; Sensitivity of the GC system; Detection capability of the system. INSET: Specialized liquid chromatography.
- Gas Chromatographic Method for the Determination of Residual Monomers, 2-(Acryloyloxy)ethyl Isocyanate and 2-(Methacryloyloxy)ethyl Isocyanate, as Curing Agents in an Ultraviolet Curable Adhesive. Kim, Byoung-Hyoun; Kim, Nosun; Moon, Dong Cheul // Journal of Chromatographic Science;Feb2014, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p143
A gas chromatographic method is described for the determination of residual 2-(acryloyloxy)ethyl isocyanate (AOI) and 2-(methacryloyloxy)ethyl isocyanate (MOI) as curing agents in an ultraviolet curable adhesive. Pre-column derivatization was employed in the determination of AOI and MOI as a...