Bank of America Merrill Taps UBS Vet Gewehr as Director of Public Finance
- Analysts say they glean more from site visits. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;01/20/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30561, p1
Focuses on first vice president and manager of municipal research with PaineWebber Inc., Brad Gewehr's outlining of the importance of site visits to municipal bond analysts. Issues conducive to site visits; Importance of understanding the market dynamics; Comments of Andrea Bozzo, director of...
- Brad Gewehr of PaineWebber. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p8
Presents the ideas of Brad Gewehr, manager of municipal research at PaineWebber Inc., on the topic of tobacco-backed bonds.
- Intermountain power agency. Roy, Elizabeth; Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p8
Discusses PaineWebber Inc. analyst Brad Gewehr's examination of the fiscal health of the Intermountain Power Agency, which issues bonds for 35 electric power systems in California and Utah. Improvement of the agency's operating efficiency; Agency's use of surplus funds to retire debt ahead of...
- Improving board effectiveness by evaluating director performance. Thain, Donald H.; Leighton, David S.R. // Business Quarterly;Autumn92, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on the application of the time-tested, basic elements of control on board of directors. Question about the power and effectiveness of boards of directors as the key element in corporate governance; Six possible remedies to improve boards; Improvement of boards through evaluation; Role...
- It's time for a new breed of director. Tapp, Lawrence G. // Business Quarterly;Spring96, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the role of directors of corporations in crafting the mission, vision and strategic positioning of the organization. Compensation of directors; Investigation of corporate governance.
- Making sense of due diligence. Rovet, Ernest // CA Magazine;Oct93, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p55
Analyzes the role of directors in meeting their corporate and public responsibilities concerning the environment. Traditional management-information-systems concepts; Environmental audit and environmental management system as foundations of due diligence; Assurance of communication between...
- Executive leadership in Northeast Ohio. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/12/94, Vol. 15 Issue 50, following p8
Reports on the activist trend in Northeast Ohio's corporate boards. Increase in the level of involvement of board members in 1994; Board's reflection of society's diversity in terms of race and gender; Quality of life and low cost of living in Northeast Ohio as attraction for god senior-level...
- Outside director can be valuable foil to owner. Danco, Leon // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/11/94, Vol. 15 Issue 15, Crain's Small Business pS-3
Presents guidelines for choosing outside directors for family-owned company. Functions and traits of an outside director; Outside director's contrast from paid advisers.
- A 12-step program aimed at corporate boardaholics. Wackerle, Frederick W. // Crain's Chicago Business;01/05/98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p11
Highlights the possibility of a program `Betty Ford Clinic for Boardaholics.' Aims of the program; Reference to executives sitting on too many board; Steps that should be considered.