Worst of Revenue Slump Over in Oklahoma, Treasurer Says
- OKLAHOMA: State Keeps Big Bankroll. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/17/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p9
The article reports on the economic performance of Oklahoma for 2007. The city has continued strong revenue collections, even after filling its rainy-day fund. According to Treasurer Scott Meacham, state general fund collections in fiscal 2007 were $5.93 billion, up $230.3 million or 4% from...
- OKLAHOMA: Decimal Error Lifts Revenue. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/16/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32734, p9
The article reports on an error to the tax collections in Oklahoma. According to Treasurer Scott Meacham, tax collections in the first three months of fiscal 2008 totaled $1.5 billion, but about 20% of the increase is attributed to a mistaken filing by an unidentified company. This firm owed...
- OKLAHOMA: Revenues Fall 9.3% Short. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/17/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33063, p9
The article reports on the revenue of Oklahoma. According to Treasurer Scott Meacham, state general revenue collections fell 9.3%, as a result of a 64% drop in oil and gas revenue taxes from December 2008. Total revenues dropped $492.8 million in January 2009, down from $583.2 million in January...
- Quickest Drop? Not So Fast. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33274, p9
The article reports on the reaction of the Oklahoma Treasurer Scott Meacham regarding the survey by the Rockfeller Institute of Government, which reveals that the state's tax collection was fast declining.
- Oklahoma Revenues Keep Falling, But Treasurer Sees a Silver Lining. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/12/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33216, p3
The article reports on the claim of Oklahoma's Treasurer Scott Meacham regarding the possibility that the state will experience economic recovery despite its declining revenue.
- OKLAHOMA: Breaking Benchmarks. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/16/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33417, p9
The article reports on the statement of State Treasurer Scott Meacham regarding the acceleration of tax collections and revenues in Oklahoma in October 2009.
- October Revenues Up. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32264, p31
Reports on the total general revenue collections for October 2005 based from the statement of Oklahoma Treasurer Scott Meacham.
- OKLAHOMA: Treasurer Opting Out. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/10/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33214, p9
The article reports on the refusal to seek re-election for 2010 of treasurer Scott Meacham in Oklahoma. It notes that Meacham does not enjoy partisan politics, despite enjoying public service and being elected as a public official. Meacham was said to have been appointed finance director by...
- Record Revenue. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p31
The article reports on the growth of the government's revenue in Oklahoma. According to Scott Meacham, the state's treasurer, the state's general revenue fund collection for the fiscal year that finished on June 30, 2006 reaches up to $5.7 billion, representing a 15 percent increase from 2005....