Congressman Offers Bill Allowing New CREBs for Biogas Property
- Biogas the buzz for German growers. Abram, Mike // Farmers Weekly;6/30/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 26, p60
The article focuses on the biogas industry in Germany. Biogas had boomed in Germany in 2005, according to Mark Paterson from the German government renewable resource agency Fachagentur Nachwachsende Rohstoffe. Updated in 2004, the German Renewable Energies Act meant farmers could get paid for...
- FEED-IN TARIFFS STRENGTHEN MARKETS FOR BIOGAS POWER. Greer, Diane // BioCycle;Jul2009, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p53
The article discusses considerations on the legislation passed in Vermont and Ontario for development of renewable energy resources. It overviews the provisions of Vermont's Vermont Energy Act of 2009 and Ontario's Green Energy and Green Economy Act which urged for the Feed-in Tariffs (FITs)...
- Pig Power Pays Off. NICOLE, WENDEE // Discover;Mar2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p58
The article looks at the hog farming industry and Loyd Ray Farms, a concentrated animal feeding operation (CAFO) that uses waste-to-energy technology. The factory farm is the first under North Carolina's renewable energy law to turn liquid hog waste into biogas, which fuels the farm using a...
- Private deals not a benefit. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/1/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 31, pP26
The article discusses the bill that would have made renewable energy power-purchase agreements private had the Nevada Legislature approved it prior to its adjournment on June 6, 2011.
- Renewables struggle for legitimacy in a competitive world. Makansi, Jason // Power;May96, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on legislative measures related to renewable energy programs in the United States. US Congress's attempt to remove the production tax credits stipulated in the Energy Policy Act of 1992 and reduce the direct funding for renewable energy programs in the Department of Energy's budget;...
- Bill would reject credits for waste. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;02/10/97, Vol. 2 Issue 38, p2
Reports that an electricity deregulation bill introduced by Democratic senator for Arkansas, Dale Bumpers, would exclude waste-to-energy and landfill-gas projects from provisions designed to protect renewable energy resources. Aims of the proposed legislation; Comments from representatives of...
- Overthrowing Oil. Fishell, Andrew // Teen Ink;Dec2008, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p34
The author stresses the need for the U.S. Senate to pass the Energy Independence and Security Act which promotes alternative energy and increases gas mileage standards to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
- INCREASED BIODIESEL PRODUCTION BENEFITS POULTRY AND LIVESTOCK. Spooner, Paul // Beyond the Bean;Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p14
The article presents information on the federal Renewable Fuel Standard in the U.S. that will require the use of 1.28 billion gallons of biodiesel in 2013 as well as ways animal farmers gain from biodiesel production.
- Pain at the pump. // Hill;5/9/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 60, p4
The article reports on the efforts of the Republicans in pushing more bills to encourage energy production in the U.S.