Virginia Reverses Budget Shortfall With Preliminary FY10 Surplus
- Vosa predicts budget surplus of Â£13m for 2012/13. // Commercial Motor;4/25/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 5532, p6
The article reports that the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) is looking forward to assure its budget surplus drop to Â£13.3 million (m) in 2012-2013, down from Â£16.4m in 2012, three years after exposing a Â£15m budget deficit.
- Czech state posts a budget deficit in May. // Regional Today;6/4/2014, p1
The article reports that Czechoslovakia posted a budget deficit of 9.5 billion Czech korunas (CZK) in May 2014 following a budget surplus of nearly 27 billion Czech korunas in April 2014.
- Bring solid hoosier values to bear on the process. Mourdock, Richard // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/3/2012 Supplement, Vol. 33, p6C
The article offers the author's insights on the accomplishment of Indiana in terms of achieving its goals such as the transformation of a 700 million dollars operating deficit into a 1.3 billion dollars budget surplus.
- November fiscal surplus confirmed, full-year deficit likely to be under target. // Hungary A.M.;12/20/2013, p4
The article reports on the Hungarian forint (HUF) 11.3 billion cash flow-based surplus registered by Hungary's general government in November 2013 which brought the eleven-month deficit to 876.3 billion HUF or 77.9% of 1,125.2 billion HUF full-year deficit target.
- Deficit Reduction On Course In SE Asia. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/10/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p10
Reports on the budgets of the Philippines and Thailand in 2006. Plan of Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo for its deficit; Budget surplus posted by Thailand.
- Red Ink, Blue Bloods, and Bad Policy. Miller, John // Dollars & Sense;May/Jun2003, Issue 247, p27
Investigates the implications of the tax cuts that the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush advocated for the federal budget surplus as of May 2003. Factors that would saddle the federal government with budget deficits through fiscal year 2007; Motive of the administration for...
- FROM DEFICIT TO SURPLUS. // World Almanac for Kids;2001, p115
This article provides a table detailing how much money the United States took in and spent each year from 1993 to 1999. Every year from 1969 to 1997 the government spent more money than it took in. This gap is called the budget deficit. Most economists say that paying interest on a Large debt...
- NUMBERS IN THE NEWS. // Regional Today;03/18/2013, p1
This section offers news briefs related to business conditions in Europe as of March 2013 including the account deficit of Poland and account surplus in Czech Republic.
- It's time to say good-bye to federal budget surplus. Harding, Sy // New Hampshire Business Review;6/29/2001-7/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p18
Predicts budget deficits in New Hampshire in 2001. Indications of the end of budget surpluses; Financial status of businesses.