Dynamic Compared with Static External Fixation of Unstable Fractures of the Distal Part of the Radius: A Prospective, Randomized Multicenter Study
- Single-bone intramedullary fixation of unstable both-bone diaphyseal forearm fractures in children leads to increased re-displacement: a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Colaris, Joost; Reijman, Max; Allema, Jan; Kraan, Gerald; Winterswijk, Peter; Vries, Mark; Ven, Cees; Verhaar, Jan // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Aug2013, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p1079
Introduction: Both-bone diaphyseal forearm fractures in children can be stabilised without cast by a flexible intramedullary nail in both the radius and the ulna. Adequate results with single-bone fixation combined with a complementary cast are also reported. However, because those results are...
- A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Occupational Therapy with Independent Exercises After Volar Plate Fixation of a Fracture of the Distal Part of the Radius. Sebastiaan Souer, J.; Buijze, Geert; Ring, David // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;10/5/2011, Vol. 93-A Issue 19, p1761
Background: The effect of formal occupational therapy on recovery after open reduction and volar plate fixation of a fracture of the distal part of the radius is uncertain. We hypothesized that there would be no difference in wrist function and arm-specific disability six months after open...
- Prospective randomized trial comparing open reduction and internal fixation with minimally invasive reduction and percutaneous fixation in managing displaced intra-articular calcaneal fractures. Sampath Kumar, Venkatesan; Marimuthu, Kanniraj; Subramani, Suresh; Sharma, Vijay; Bera, John; Kotwal, Prakash // International Orthopaedics;Dec2014, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p2505
Purpose: Managing displaced intra-articular calcaneal fractures remains controversial. A prospective randomised trial was undertaken to compare open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF) with minimally invasive reduction and percutaneous fixation (MIRPF). Methods: Forty-five displaced...
- Unstable Distal Radial Fractures Treated with External Fixation, a Radial Column Plate, or a Volar Plate: A Prospective Randomized Trial. Wei, David H.; Raizman, Noah M.; Bottino, Clement J.; Jobin, Charles M.; Strauch, Robert J.; Rosenwasser, Melvin P. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Jul2009, Vol. 91-A Issue 7, p1568
Background: Optimal surgical management of unstable distal radial fractures is controversial, and evidence from rigorous comparative trials is rare. We compared the functional outcomes of treatment of unstable distal radial fractures with external fixation, a volar plate, or a radial column...
- Clavicle Fractures: Pins, Plates, and Drilling Down. Groh, Gordon I. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;4/15/2015, Vol. 97 Issue 8, pe38.1
A review of the article "Single, Superiorly Placed Reconstruction Plate Compared with Flexible Intramedullary Nailing for Midshaft Clavicular Fractures. A Prospective, Randomized Controlled Trial" by Fernando Brandao Andrade-Silva is presented.
- EFFICACY OF PLASTER CASTING VERSUS EXTERNAL FIXATION IN COMMINUTED DISTAL RADIUS FRACTURES. Ismatullah // JPMI: Journal of Postgraduate Medical Institute;2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p311
Objective: To compare the outcomes of plaster casting and external fixation in comminuted distal radius fractures. Methodology: This prospective study was conducted at District Headquarter Teaching Hospital and Khalifa Gul Nawaz Teaching Hospital Bannu from February 2009 to September 2010. A...
- Rate of Improvement following Volar Plate Open Reduction and Internal Fixation of Distal Radius Fractures. Dillingham, Chris; Horodyski, MaryBeth; Struk, AimeeM.; Wright, Thomas // Advances in Orthopedics;2011, p1
Purpose. To determine recovery timeline of unstable distal radius fractures treated by open reduction and internal fixation with a locking volar plate. Methods. Data was collected prospectively on a consecutive series of twenty-seven patients during routine post-operative visits at 2 and 6...
- Tratamiento de la seudoartrosis distal del radio en tres tiempos quirÃºrgicos. Reporte de un caso. Gómez, Edgardo Arredondo; Mena, Rodrigo Vargas // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;ene/feb2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p26
No abstract available.
- Stride Right. // Backpacker;Aug2011, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p73
The article discusses several phases of footsteps including heel strike, pronation and supination, that can maximize energy efficiency and minimize potential for overuse injury while hiking.