Corporates' Losing Wager Made Worse By Lack of Effective Hedging Strategies
- Analyst: CUs Can't Afford $17B Cost To Bail Out Failed Corporates. Birch, Ray // Credit Union Journal;7/19/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p22
The article provides the conclusion of economic analyst Mike Moebs regarding the capacity of credit unions (CU) to bail out of failed corporates. Moebs says that credit unions have only a single source of capital, thus, making it incapable of affording the 17 billion dollars cost. Moreover, he...
- Revenue Rise? Just Wishful Thinking. // Credit Union Journal;10/10/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p6
In this article, the author discusses the claim by industry consultant Mike Moebs that the increasing overdraft revenue is just a wishful thinking, wherein a survey shows that consumers do not want high-cost bank overdrafts.
- How CUs Can Turn Burden Of Compliance Into Opportunity. // Credit Union Journal;4/12/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p22
The article offers the insights of economist Mike Moebs on overdraft income for credit unions (CUs), in which he believes that the deadline of Regulation E for consumers between July 1 to August 15, 2010 to opt-in to overdraft protection services could be a huge marketing opportunity for CUs.
- Time To 'Raise Those Bloody Rates' // Credit Union Journal;9/12/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p16
The article reports on the suggestion of Mike Moebs, economist and chief executive officer (CEO) of Moebs Services for the credit unions to increase the automobile loans as a result of the downgrade to the U.S. Treasuries.
- Problems Over? No, Says 1 Analyst. Birch, Ray // Credit Union Journal;10/4/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the forecasts of Mike Moebs, chief executive officer and economist of Moebs $ervices, on the failure of corporate assessment plan of National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), the corporate credit union system will be ended earlier, and the assistance of the Federal...
- Corporates Pay Year-End Bonuses. // Credit Union Journal;1/6/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
Reports on U.S. corporate credit unions' granting of year-end bonus dividends. Bases of dividend payout.
- Wis. Corporate's Plans To Enter Minnesota On Hold Until Legal Issues Settled. Ortiz, Lauralee // Credit Union Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the impact of legal concerns on the plan of Wisconsin's Corporate Credit Union to open an office in Minnesota. Minnesota statute requiring corporate credit unions to be federally insured; Merger between Minnesota Corporate and Mid-States.
- Canada's Centrals Could Offer Up A Blueprint For U.S. Corporates. Bartlett, Michael // Credit Union Journal;8/9/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 32, p18
The article reports that the central liquidity facility for Canadian credit unions could offer a design for the future structure of the credit unions in the U.S.
- CORPORATE CUs/FOUNDATIONS. // Credit Union Journal;8/25/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p18
The article lists the corporate credit unions (CU) and foundations in the U.S. which include Louisiana Corporate CU, West Virginia Corporate CU and Carolinas CU Foundation.