Ayala's Customer Guy
- Globe, Nokia sign expansion order. // RCR;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p21
Details the contract signed by Globe Telecom and Nokia Corp. for the sixth phase of expansion of Globe Telecom's Global System for Mobile communications-based Handyphone service.
- Globe looks for a long term CURE. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Apr2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the claim by Filipino telecoms operator Globe Telecom's Ernest Cu as of April 2012 that they will bid for the third generation (3G) license of Connectivity Unlimited Resource Enterprises Inc. (CURE) when its parent firm Philippine Long Distance Telephone (PLDT) sells its...
- Globe Telecom sets $650 million budget for data investment. Majithia, Kavit // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Filipino carrier Globe Telecom has earmarked capex of approximately $650 million for data-related investments for this year.
- Asia: 3G can wait, SMS is here. Sharma, Dinesh C. // Global Wireless;May/Jun2001, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the performance of the short message service (SMS) of mobile telephones in Asia as of June 2001. Percentage share of the Philippines in the total world traffic of SMS messaging; Facts on the SMS centers supplied by the company CMG Wireless Data Solutions to Globe Telecom Inc.;...
- out now. // Wireless Asia;May2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p32
Reports developments on mobile communication services in Asia as of May 2002. Launch of FunTxt SMS service from Globe Telecom and Funmail; Offering of the Cmode from NTT DoCoMo, Coca-Cola and Itochu Corp.; Coverage of the cdma2000 service from KDDI.
- Globe Telecom rolls out apps for non-banking population. Estospace, Eden // Enterprise Innovation;Apr2012, p38
The article offers information on several products launched by Globe Telecom including the micro payment service GCash and the GCash mobile application for Apple iPhones.
- AHEAD OF THE CURVE: The rise of mobile money in Asia. Stubbs, Agnes // Capacity Magazine;7/27/2015, p1
The article discusses the potential for mobile money services in Asia-Pacific region by making reference to the introduction of GCash mobile money platform by the company Globe Telecom in Philippines. Topics discussed include success of mobile money, a report from research firm Gartner on value...
- Marketing, sachet-style. McLaughlin, Bruce // Total Telecom Magazine;Sep2003, p20
Deals with innovative business models used by mobile operators in the Philippines in their offer of pricing packages. Drivers of the rise in mobile penetration rates in the country; Net profit recorded by Globe Telecom for the half-year of 2003; Factor dominant for service providers developing...
- Building a legacy of leadership. // FinanceAsia;Jun2009, p19
The article discusses business growth, management, and contribution of managing executives of Ayala Corp., which has completed 175 successful years in business in 2009. It acknowledges the effective leadership of company's chairman Jaime Augusto Zobel, whose guidance helped Ayala manage broad...