THE COMEBACK KID
- BUTTERFLY EFFECT. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/21/2006WWD Scoop, Vol. 191, p58
This article focuses on the costume design made by Han Feng for the opera Madame Butterfly. It offers information on the theatrical production, recounts how she was chosen to design the costumes, and details the creation of the costumes. The opera will debut at the Metropolitan Opera in New York...
- Spring/summer 2000: Let it shine. White // New York Amsterdam News;10/28/99, Vol. 90 Issue 44, p21
Reports on the fashion designs and shows by Canadian-born designer Lawrence Pizzi and Chinese-born Han Feng in New York City. Education and career backgrounds; Description of designs.
- BUTTERFLY EFFECT. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/20/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 108, p58
This articles deals with the collaboration between director Anthony Minghella and costumer designer Han Feng for Metropolitan Opera's Madame Butterfly production in the fall of 2006. Despite disbelievers, the extravaganza managed to clinch the Olivier Award for the best new opera production....
- Our Album of Enduring Classics. Shapera, Patricia Romero // Victoria (Hearst Magazines, a division of Hearst Communications,;Nov98, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p80
Presents information on several clothes designed by Han Feng.
- Han Feng First Chinese Designer to Create Costumes for English National Opera. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/11/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 77, p12
This article deals with the costume design collections of fashion designer Han Feng for the Madam Butterfly production of the English National Opera. Feng is the first Chinese designer to create costumes for the English National Opera. After closing her store in Manhattan's Chelsea in 2005, Feng...
- Han Feng Rediscovers Chinese Market. Movius, Lisa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/10/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on the decision of Chinese fashion designer Han Feng to explore the challenge of reentering a Chinese market that has changed dramatically from the one she left. In April 2007, Han had her first show at the historical Children's Palace in Shanghai, China. She plans to sell...
- THE KARATE KID. Kashner, Zo� // Scholastic Action;11/8/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 5/6, p4
This section presents the script of some scenes from the movie "Karate Kid" and a quiz about the film.
- Designer Feng Hears Siren Song of Opera. Choi, Amy S. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/11/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 53, p36
The article reports on the costumes designed by Han Feng for the Madame Butterfly opera in New York. Feng designed a collection of Puccini-inspired items for fall, but her focus the past several years has been almost exclusively on the opera. She made almost all of the intricate embroidery and...
- A butterfly takes wing. Fitzgerald, Michael // Time International (South Pacific Edition);07/07/97, Issue 27, p66
Reviews the opera `Madama Butterfly,' by Puccini and performed by the Opera Australia.