Vivienne Tarn, Headed Home
- In Charm's Way. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/10/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 32, p8
This article looks at the collections launched by fashion designers as of February 2006. Victoria Bartlett's signature quirkiness and devil-may-care attitude showed up in fluid gauchos, oversized sweaters, cuffed shorts and shirtdresses for VPL. The palette goes darker, but still with lots of...
- Vivienne Tam Shows Her Softer Side for Spring. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/6/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 119, p9
The article provides information on the fashion collection of Vivienne Tam. The designer established a new division, the Vivienne Tam Dress. With wholesale prices from $175 to $325, Vivienne Tam Dress is expected to generate $2 million in first-year projected wholesale volume. The spring...
- Vivienne Tam launches at-homewear. K.M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/30/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 80, p25
Reports on designer Vivienne Tam's introduction of her first line of at-homewear for women in October 1995 at the Intimate Apparel Salon in New York City. First-year sales projections; Designs; Colors and patterns; Wholesale prices.
- A Sense of Drama. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/11/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 32, p10
Features fashion designers who used the Old Hollywood theme in their clothing collections. Vivienne Tam; Alice Roi; Carlos Miele; Marc Bouwer.
- And They're Off. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/28/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 136, p8
This section presents photographs of the works of fashion designers nominated for the 31st annual Dallas Fashion Awards. Among the nominees are Biya, Jak & Rae, Vivienne Tam, Free People, Joystick, Magaschoni, Luisa Cerano, Brighton, Hobo, Sondra Roberts, Karen Kane, Nic & Zoe, Sue Wong and Tadashi.
- Alphabet Soup. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/10/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 32, p10
The author focuses on the fall 2007 fashion designs by Yohji, Pierre Morisset, Vivienne Tam, Lyn Devon and Isabella Tonchi. He states that Morisset's A-line swing dresses and trenches will likely give denim-lovers another reason to go shopping. He notes that Devon's clothes are perfect for...
- Vivienne Tam's spring '05 styles. White, Renee Minus // New York Amsterdam News;11/18/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 47, p17
The article focuses on the new collection of costumes designed by the designer Vivienne Tam. The collection transforms fanciful, colorful costumes, folkloric patterns and motifs into modern, everyday wear. Airy fabrics include silk chiffon, silk satin, cotton voile, linen, cotton twill, and...
- Vivienne Tam. Holch, Allegra // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/6/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 4, p4
Features Vivienne Tam, a New York City, New York-based fashion designer. First fashion show in 1983 in collaboration with fashion designers Anna Sui and Stephen Sprouse; Expansion of product line from sportswear to collection-oriented assortment; Career in the fashion industry; Eastern...
- EAST MEETS WEST. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/2/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 112, p14
Reports that fashion designer Vivienne Tam is serving up some style at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.