FRACKING GETS CRACKING
- 'Rising development costs to make natural gas more expensive for Oklahoma consumers.'. // Marketing News;6/18/1976, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p4
Deals with the impact of the rising costs of finding and developing natural gas reserves on the prices of natural gas in Oklahoma, according to Jerry Dietz of Oklahoma Natural Gas Co. in 1976. Cost of drilling a natural gas well; Rank of Oklahoma among U.S. states in terms of natural gas...
- UK shale gas firm plans Dutch exploration work. // Energy Today (Hungary);01/16/2013, p2
The article reports on the plan of Great Britain's shale gas explorer Cuadrilla Resources to apply for three exploration drilling licenses in July 2013 for the country's Bowland shale basin in Lancashire, northwest England, which holds around 200 trillion cubic feet of gas.
- High gas prices failing to spur drilling on US Gulf shallow acreage. Dodson, James; Dodson, Ted; Le Blanc, Leonard // Offshore;Jun2001, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the impact of high gas prices on gas production and drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. Wells drilled from January 1, 1997 through December 31, 2000; Percentage of decline in gas production in 2000; Problems in gas exploration; Status of drilling activity in the area.
- OHIOANS LIKE DRILLING FOR GAS BUT WARY ABOUT ENVIRONMENT. // Hill;1/23/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on the uncertainty of voters on the expansion of natural gas drilling for fear of its environmental effect in Ohio.
- UK prospects for shale gas. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Oct2010, Issue 832, p12
The article reports on the first exploratory drill for natural gas in Bowland shale in Great Britain built by Cuadrilla Resources.
- Eni reports new high impact exploration success in Mozambique Area 4. // World Energy News;9/4/2013, p10
The article reports that Eni revealed that the Agulha exploration site in Area 4 offshore field in Mozambique could hold 5 to 7 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.
- Ophir Energy reported four exploration wells drilled in results for the six months ended 30 June 2014. // African Business News;8/14/2014, p12
No abstract available.
- Anadarko provides East Africa exploration update. // African Business News;4/18/2013, p4
The article presents an update on the natural gas discovery and exploration drilling activity of Anadarko Petroleum Corp. within the Offshore Area 1 of the Rovuma Basin of Mozambique, as of April 2013. It describes the status of the company's natural gas discovery and exploration well. Bob...
- SAUDI ARABIA. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/8/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 36, p14
The article talks about the drilling of the first well in the Empty Quarter by South Rub al-Khali Co. in Saudi Arabia. The company has drilled its first well after more than two-and-a-half years of exploration. Isharat 1 is the first of seven wells the company expects to drill as it continues to...