Tweeting in 2G
- SMS your Friends, for Free. Srivastva, Pallavi // Business Today;6/17/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p30
The article presents information about Gupshup, a free group SMS service launched by Webaroo Inc. According to Beerud Sheth, CTO and Co-founder of Webaroo, it is a free, effective and non-intrusive way of making mobile communities. It also gives focused audience to advertisers. One can start a...
- Asia to see continued mobile advances in 2003. Mallari, Rene // RCR Wireless News;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the mobile communications sector in Asia as of 2003. Estimated revenue output of the Philippines from short messaging services; Countries expected to adopt multimedia messaging services in 2003; Mobile penetration rate in Malaysia.
- Txt maniacs. // Wireless Asia;5/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p32
Discloses the findings of a Siemens mobile lifestyle survey on Australian teenagers' use of text messages.
- SMS: An Unlikely Hit. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Mar2002, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p16
Reports the profit margin of global mobile service providers. Increase in business applications for mobile messaging; Enhancement of message services; Emphasis on point-to-point communication.
- What's up with mobile and ad revenue? // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/14/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p7
The article discusses the issue with regards to areas associated with mobile communication including games, coupons, marketing, advertising, applications, and text messages.
- SMS-o-death calls even your old phone. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals;Mar/Apr2011, p11
The article discusses the discovery of German researchers of the effect of "short message service (SMS) of death" attacks on mobile handsets.
- 'Protest' a no-no word in China. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p25
The article reports that the services for cellphone users who used the word "protest" in any context in phone conversations or text messages will be cut off instantly in China.
- Itagg sees its future in mobile marketing. // New Media Age;1/12/2006, p5
The article reports on the move by mobile company Itagg to restructure its business to focus on providing mobile marketing services to agencies. The company split out the mobile domain name product as a consumer offering at myitagg.com. The payouts the company offers clients from short messaging...
- Confidence building. // New Media Age;11/1/2007, p28
The article presents opinions from industry experts on how to improve trust in mobile marketing. According to Richard Saggers of Vodafone Group, Short Messaging Service (SMS) and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) have been an effective way for the firm to promote specific offers. He believes...