- FROM REINDEER TO 4G. B. M. // Forbes Asia;Jul2010, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p26
The article focuses on Telenor Group, which in 1906 became the world's second phone company to go wireless. Telenor, which started its mobile operations in 1966, has 40,000 employees across the globe and is listed on the Oslo and Nasdaq exchanges. The company now has plans to launch 4G networks...
- Telenor signs telecoms license agreement in Myanmar. // European Telecom;Apr2014, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
The article focuses on the agreement for a nationwide telecommunications license signed by telecommunications company Telenor Group with the Union Government of Myanmar. Topics discussed include aim of Telenor to provide affordable mobile communications, statement from Telenor's chief executive...
- Norway to tighten regulation on Telenor. Stubbs, Agnes // Capacity Magazine;10/5/2015, p1
Norway's telecoms regulator will impose stricter regulation on market leader Telenor over prices it is charging other operators to use its mobile network.
- Telenor reaches 400,000 LTE customers. // 2.5G-4G;Oct2013, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p2
The article reports on the 400,000 active users of 4G network of Norwegian telecommunications company Telenor Group, just a year after the firm launched it in the country. According to a survey, 4G users had experienced better mobile experiences than those using 3G networks. Comments from Berit...
- Myanmar to Get Free Mobile Access to Wikipedia's Website Through Telenor. // 2.5G-4G;Oct2013, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p11
The article reports on the recognition of Myanmar by multinational telecommunications company Telenor Group and the Wikimedia Foundation Inc. as the latest country to be included in their existing agreement to bring Wikipedia Zero to Telenor customers in Asia and Europe. The recognition will...
- Why CEO warns, SVP negates? Khan, Irfan // Flare (Pakistan);7/15/2013, p24
The article explores the blackmailing tactics of Telenor Group, a Norwegian multinational telecommunication company, concerning the plan of the Pakistan government to roll out the 3rd generation technology auction. It states that Telenor has threatened to skip the launch of 3G if the government...
- Telenor Group pens radio agreement with Nokia. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Telenor Group has selected vendor Nokia to provide it with radio access equipment and professional services as part of a five-year agreement.
- TELECOM CAREER. // Telecom Asia;Sep2008, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p33
The article announces career changes of executives in Asia in 2008 including Phil Burgess who resigned as the chief officer at Telstra Corp. Ltd., Sigve Brekke as the new chairman, non-independent and non-executive director at Malaysian mobile operator DiGi and Jeann Low as the new chief...
- Telenor Group and Ericsson ink five-year radio deal. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Telenor Group and Ericsson have penned a five-year global framework agreement which will see the Swedish vendor provide radio hardware and professional services to the Nordic operator.