- Creating an Accurate Pumping System Head-Capacity Curve: First Step Towards Reducing Energy Consumption. Budris, Allan R. // WaterWorld;Jan2009, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p14
The article explores on the design of an accurate pumping system head-capacity curve. The energy cost reduction effort has promoted the development of head-capacity curve system which permits the exact determination of the current pump operating condition, and as part of its design, initial head...
- Who wants to be a style icon? Walters, Kath // BRW;4/9/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p38
The article evaluates several electronic products including the laptop bag with a solar panel from Todae, Kindle electronic book (e-book) from Amazon.com Inc., and home energy tracking device Wattson from DIY Kyoto.
- 8 Ways to Go Green. Gowan, Michael // Macworld;Jun2007, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p66
The article discusses several ways of creating an energy efficient office that helps in saving energy and natural resources. It is stated that electricity consumption of Macintosh computers can be reduced by setting the energy saver option to turn the monitor black if not used for a long time....
- New heat pump package helps reduce fossil fuel costs 35%. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/17/95, Vol. 194 Issue 16, p8
Reports the reduction of fossil fuel costs by Knott's Berry Farm due to the use of ComTrol control equipment. Technology of the energy saving process.
- Hungry for power. Heede, Richard // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Aug94, Vol. 19 Issue 117, p60
Presents tips on saving electrical power around the house and kitchen. Cooking tips to save energy; Water heating energy saving procedures. INSET: Lite lights and other waste-watching measures..
- School graduates to energy monitoring and control. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar98, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p90
Features the NM2400 energy monitoring and control systems and the K800Z digital time controls from Tork. Functions and features; Product use; Ordering information.
- Untitled. // National Geographic World;Apr94, Issue 224, p21
Presents steps for the creation of a `draft snake' for blocking cold air at entrances during winter. Use of a 40-inch-long piece of cloth; Placement of the sand-filled casing at the bottom of a drafty door.
- RELIABILITY ASSESSMENT AND MEASURES FOR RESOURCE-SAVING IN WATER LIFTING ENGINE SYSTEMS IN UZBEKISTAN. Glovatsky, Oleg; Ergashev, Rustam; Uralov, Bakhtier; Isakov, Holmatzhan // Perspectives of Innovations, Economics & Business;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p118
The paper observes the current state of water pumping stations in Uzbekistan. More than 50% of irrigated land is provided with machine water lifting systems in the country. However, more than 50% of pumping aggregates and constructions have used up their capacities that leads to high operational...
- Energy-management products can help hoteliers put chill on spiraling heating, cooling expenses. Adams, Bruce // Hotel & Motel Management;06/19/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 11, p66
Presents the responses of executives from energy-management companies to a question on the most important energy-management tool/technology that their company offers to the hotel industry to better serve customers and improve the hotel's bottom line. Senercomm's SensorStat DDC guestroom...