FROM THE FIELD FREE LITERATURE
- Designing Eco-Buildings. Mowry, Matthew J. // Business NH Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p16
Deals with the designing of buildings that are both economical and environmentally friendly. Selection of materials; Insulation and barriers to heat loss; Organizations engaged in efforts to promote sustainable designs.
- Architects tout cost-saving green designs. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;9/1/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the state of green architecture in Las Vegas, Nevada. Operating costs for green buildings; On-going green projects; Efforts to raise the public consciousness of green buildings; Seminars organized by the local chapter of American Institute of Architects' Las Vegas Committee on the...
- Phoenix adopts green building code, promotes sustainability. ROULO, CANDICE // Contractor Magazine;Jul2011, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p1
The article reports that Phoenix, Arizona has adopted the next stage of its Green Building program through the Phoenix Green Building Code, which will be implemented on July 1, 2011.
- Green Houses. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Nov2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p102
Reports on the joint project between two organizations Southface Energy Institute Inc. and Atlanta Homebuilders Association to certify houses as environment-friendly with the 'EarthCraft House' designation in Atlanta, Georgia. Number of homes certified with the designation; Benefits provided by...
- Chemical Reaction. CAULFIELD, JOHN // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;Nov2012, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p80
The article offers information on the principle behind the Self-regulating, Mechano-chemical Adaptively Reconfigured Tunable Systems (SMARTS) of scientists in the U.S.
- New Vision for Dallas. McKeough, Tim // Architectural Record;Feb2010, Vol. 198 Issue 2, p26
The article reports on the pending launch of a mixed-use green architectural project in Dallas, Texas in 2011 under the direction of the firms Atelier Data and MOOV.
- HGTV Green Home. Mowry, Lisa // Atlanta;Jun2012, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p56
The article reports that HGTV network has constructed and given away a fully furnished, eco-friendly show-house in Palmetto, Georgia, to an earlier chosen winner.
- UK cities: from grey to green. // Garden;Feb2010, Vol. 135 Issue 2, p76
The article reports on the launch by the Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment (CABE) of the campaign "Grey to Green--How We Shift Funding and Skills to Green Our Cities" in Great Britain.
- Whitehall 'builds for the future' // Building Design;10/24/2003, Issue 1599, p2
Reports on the launching of the British government's Sustainable Building Task Force. Recommendations on how buildings can be made greener; Members of the task force; Duties.