Energy-Services Provider Helps District Better Understand Renewable Landscape
- POWER POTENTIAL. Hignite, Karla // Business Officer;Jun2011, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on potential renewable energy resources in U.S. educational institutions. It mentions that the University of Minnesota in Morris is considered a test bed of energy development in the center of the state's wind and biomass resources. It also notes that combining the resources...
- Dear EarthTalk: What is the latest prognosis for wind energy to command a larger piece of the renewable energy pie? -- Peter M., Akron, OH. Scheer, Roddy // Earth Talk: Questions & Answers About Our Environment;2/16/2014, p1
The article provides an answer to a question on the future prospects for wind energy in the renewable energy sector in the U.S.
- contemporary issues. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Fall2009, Vol. 33 Issue 3/4, p37
The article examines the alternative energy sources that could enable the U.S. minimize its reliance on the oil from foreign countries. It emphasizes that the U.S. can ensure its national energy security through the replacement of fossil fuels with clean renewable energy sources, mainly solar,...
- Funnel stimulus funds into wind energy. Abate, Victor // Hill;5/12/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 53, p20
The article presents the author's views regarding the impact of the availability of the stimulus funds towards the wind and renewable industry in the U.S., including the possible expansion of Invenergy's energy center and the development of sustainable renewables.
- The Future of Wind Power. // Future Survey;Nov2008, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p13
The article discusses a paper about the future of wind power, by Todd Woody published in the October 2008 issue of "Fortune." The paper highlighted the findings of a study on the sales of wind turbines in the U.S. in 2008. It offered information on five technologies designed to capture wind and...
- The Significance of Small Wind-Powered Electric Systems. Herres, David // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Dec2011, Vol. 110 Issue 12, pC28
The article focuses on the importance of small wind turbines for homes and commercial facilities in the U.S. It states that the unit can be set up as stand-alone, battery-charging machines for off-grid usage or grid-tied electric utility interactive systems. It mentions that the system is vital...
- Business: Wind Energy Continues Expansion in State. // Texas Almanac;2014/2015, p636
The article presents two tables including information on installed wind capacity in Texas and the U.S., and renewable energy generated by different states of the U.S. in 2010, and also includes information on expansion plans for wind energy in Texas.
- Renewable future. ALLARD, EDITH // New Hampshire Business Review;6/26/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p2
The article reports on the findings of the study by Stanford University professor Mark Jacobson and colleagues that outlines how states in the U.S. can run entirely on renewable energy, such as wind, solar, and hydropower, by 2050.
- BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO: AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM AND THE TRANSITION TO A RENEWABLE ENERGY FUTURE. Askland, Andrew // Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy;2013, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p105
The article discusses American exceptionalism in relation to the country's transition from fossil fuel usage to renewable energy sources as of July 2013, focusing on American energy independence and attempts to implement energy sources such as solar, wind, and biomass in America. Various types...