Systems Integration Helps University Cut Energy Use by 5 Percent in 15 Months
- ACEEE study finds efficiency creates jobs. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/23/97, Vol. 201 Issue 8, p4
Highlights the findings of a study by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) concerning investments on energy-efficiency improvements in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Energy-saving products and practices; Lowering of energy bills.
- Carrier expert presents at ASE seminar. // Engineered Systems;Sep2012, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p57
The article offers brief information of the Carrier Staged Air Volume (SAV) technology for energy reduction presented by the company's director, Mead Rusert, at the Alliance to Save Energy (ASE) seminar in the U.S. in 2012.
- Volvo extends fuel efficiency package to 11L engines. // Fleet Owner Blog;10/16/2013, p9
The article previews the XE11 exceptional efficiency (XE) fuel efficiency package for the 11L D11 engines of Volvo VNM and VNL truck models from Volvo.
- Long Payback for Triple-Pane Windows. // ASHRAE Journal;Jan2014, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the development of the triple-pane windows that could reduce home energy consumption by 12.2% but is anticipated to return investment from 23-55 years, according to a study conducted by senior staff engineer Graham Parker and research engineer Sarah Widder.
- Home Energy Monitors. Meier, Alan // Home Energy;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p2
The author reflects on the importance of Home Energy Monitor (HEM), a device which displays the home's energy consumption and promotes energy conservation. He encourages the development and installation of the device because it can save a few percent of energy use. He stresses that the...
- Spotlight on PacifiCorp: Promoting Energy Efficiency in Six Western States. // Energy & Power Management;Jul2006, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p30
The article focuses on the developments of PacifiCorp, one of the leading companies in the utility industry in the U.S. PacifiCorp was founded in 1984 and has incorporated with Utah Power and Light Co. in 1989. Now, it has served around 1.6 million clients in the Western region with 136,000...
- Colorado hotel checks into rebates for sensors, lighting upgrades. // Engineered Systems;Oct2012, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p20
The article reports on the move of hotel developer Jess Hoehler who managers Candlewood Suites in Grand Junction, Colorado to install packaged terminal air conditioners (PTACs) to control energy consumption and save cost.
- 20 Questions to Ask Before You Buy a Smart Meter. Elster // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;7/18/2014, p1
The article presents a guide when purchasing a smart meter for monitoring electric energy consumption.
- Wisconsin program selected as an `Idea That Works.' // Buildings;Dec96, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p12
Reports that Wisconsin Energy Initiative (WEI), a joint venture between the state and Johnson Controls Incorporated, was selected by the National Governor's Association (NGA) as one of its `Ideas That Work.' Creation of Wisconsin's program to reduce electrical consumption by the year 2000; Aims...