- What to do about TOXIC MOLD. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Oct2001, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the ways to avoid toxic molds contamination in the United States. Inspection of any evidence of water leak; Determination of the amount of molds; Consultation of environmental experts.
- water torture. Williams, Del // Journal of Property Management;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p32
Discusses the role of water damage in the development of toxic mold in real properties. Impact of toxic mold claims on the insurance industry; Sources of unwanted moisture; Management of water leaks.
- Detox your home. // Good Health (Australia Edition);Nov2010, p17
The article offers tips to reduce home health hazards caused by molds which include being cautious with chemicals, avoiding risky plastics and swapping the non-toxic candles along with good ventilation.
- Is It Really A Leak? Montes-Amoros, Vicente // Walls & Ceilings;Nov2010, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p42
The article reports on the other causes of a leak in a building other than the waterproofing system. They include condensation, which occurs when water manifests in the interior walls when the temperature drops below dew point. Another are that must be investigated are systems transitions,...
- The Buzz on Mold. // ASHRAE Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p10
Focuses on solutions to mold problems as discussed at the 2003 meeting of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers in Kansas City, Missouri. Forums on how mold affects the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration industry; Importance of...
- Is Mold Black Gold? Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/8/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 10, p1
Part III. Explores the possibilities posed by increased consumer awareness about mold and ways that the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration contractors can add indoor air quality testing and mold remediation to their existing services. Possible incidence of Sick Building...
- Reducing the Risk of Mold Contamination. Mahoney, Daniel P. // School Business Affairs;Oct2014, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses the importance of preventive maintenance and assessment in reducing mold outbreak in schools. Topics covered include the need to recognize the factors promoting the growth of mold and bacteria indoors, the influence of local weather conditions on the degree of mold risk and...
- Can your house cause asthma? Barnett, Robert // Parenting;Jul2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p32
Presents tips on removing the moldy smell in houses which can cause children's asthma. Fixation of any leaks; Use of bleach or detergent in cleaning moldy floors and walls; Disposal of porous materials such as ceiling tiles.
- Underlying Causes Of Asthma. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/24/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 4, p1
Part II. Focuses on controlling possible contributing causes of adult-onset asthma in the United States. Symptoms; Effect of ventilation failures and molds; Association of lower ventilation rates and lower humidity with more episodes of infections; Guidelines for low, moderate and high-risk...