We Need More Green Buildings
- The next wave. McConnell, Michael // Snips;Aug2008, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses the highlights of the 2008 Partners in Progress conference in Las Vegas, Nevada which was sponsored by the Sheet Metal Workers union and the Sheet Metal and Air-Conditioning Contractors' National Association. The event focused on offering advice for contractors to secure...
- EVENTS. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/14/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 20, p4
A calendar of congresses related to the construction industry in the Middle East including "Middle East District Cooling 2010," "Arabian World Construction Summit" and "Green Buildings Middle East Summit."
- The World Green Roof Congress. McClelland, Jim; Gedge, Dusty // Sustain' Magazine;2008, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p57
The article offers information on the World Green Roof Congress that will take place in London, England in September 2008.
- GREEN BUILDING MARKET PACING THREE-FOLD GAINS BY 2013. // Concrete Products;Dec2008, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p14
Information about several topics discussed at the Greenbuild International Conference and Exposition in Boston, Massachusetts in November 2008 is presented. Topics include the rapid growth of the economic condition of green building industry in the U.S., the growing opportunities for...
- MCAA offers help for contractors going green. Gentille, John R. // Contractor Magazine;Jul2007, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p20
The article reports on the decision of the Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA) to offer help for green mechanical contractors. The reasons behind the commitment of the MCAA for this include the changes being brought by environmental trends to the industry and the economic sense...
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Kitchen & Bath Business;Aug2007, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p30
A calendar of events for the construction industry in 2007 is presented. The West Coast Green Residential Building Conference + Expo will be held at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, California from September 20-22. The event titled Cersaie will be held at Bologna Exhibition...
- Collaborative, Real-time Design at Ecobuild Fall and AEC-ST Fall. // Environmental Design & Construction;Nov2008, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p22
The article offers information about the on-site BIMstorm to be held at Ecobuild Fall and AEC-ST Fall in Washington, D. C. on December 10, 2008. The event will serve as a continuation of an Alexandria, Virginia BIMstorm in September. This project is considered the first Base Realignment and...
- Purdue Event Grows Greener. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/20/2009, Vol. 237 Issue 12, p6
The article offers information on the 1st International High Performance & Green Buildings Conference of the Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, to be held in its campus from July 12-15, 2010.
- Energy, economy, environment are IDHCA topics in June. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/23/94, Vol. 192 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the International District Heating and Cooling Association's (IDHCA) 1994 conference `District Heating and Cooling Technology for Sustainable Communities--Energy, Economics and the Environment' in Seattle, Washington. Purpose of the conference; Participants; Activities; Contact...