Prevalence of smoking and other smoking related behaviors reported by the Global Youth Tobacco Survey (GYTS) in four Peruvian cities
- LINKING GLOBAL YOUTH TOBACCO SURVEY (GYTS) DATA TO TOBACCO CONTROL POLICY IN TURKEY -- 2003 AND 2009. Erguder, Toker; Polat, Halil; Arpad, Ceylan; Khoury, Rula Nabil; Warren, Charles W.; Lee, Juliette; Lea, Veronica // Central European Journal of Public Health;2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p87
Objective: The purpose of this paper is to use data from the Global Youth Tobacco Survey (GYTS) conducted in Turkey in 2003 and 2009 to examine changes in tobacco use and important tobacco control measures. Methods: The GYTS were conducted in grades 7-9 in 2003 and 7-10 in 2009 in Turkey. Data...
- Maternal current smoking: Concordance between adolescent proxy and motherâ€™s self-report. Vasudevan, Vandita; Etzel, Carol J.; Spitz, Margaret R.; Wilkonson, Anna V. // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Aug2009, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p1016
Introduction: The purpose of this study was to examine the extent to which adolescent reports on motherâ€™s smoking status and motherâ€™s self-reports on smoking are concordant with one another.
- Why Have Tobacco Control Policies Stalled? Using Genetic Moderation to Examine Policy Impacts. Fletcher, Jason M. // PLoS ONE;Dec2012, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p1
Background: Research has shown that tobacco control policies have helped produce the dramatic decline in use over the decades following the 1964 surgeon general's report. However, prevalence rates have stagnated during the past two decades in the US, even with large tobacco taxes and expansions...
- Bir Grup Lise Ã–ÄŸrencisinin Sigara Paketleri Ãœzerinde BulunmasÄ± Planlanan BirleÅŸik (YazÄ±lÄ± ve Resimli) UyarÄ± MesajlarÄ±nÄ±n EtkililiÄŸi HakkÄ±ndaki GÃ¦rÃ¼ÅŸleri Bayrak, Burcu; Bilir, Nazmi; Yardım, Mahmut Sadi; Gürkan, Huleyde; Karakullukçuoğlu, Zeynel; Kaya, Adnan // Turk Toraks Dergisi / Turkish Thoracic Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Objective: The purpose of this study is to provide reference material for further regulations which are to be made concerning the opinions of youth about the possible impact of various warning labels. Material and Method: 494 high school students in Ankara were included in the study. A...
- Programas de prevenciÃ³n de tabaquismo para mujeres adolescentes. Calleja, Nazira; Pick, Susan; Reidi, Lucy; González-Forteza, Catalina // Salud Mental;sep/oct2010, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p419
In recent years, the number of women who use tobacco has increased rapidly. Among youngsters, gender gap is closing, and the proportion of girls who smoke is already very similar to that of boys, with the added complication that the girls are more vulnerable to addiction, and tobacco use has...
- Susceptibilidad al consumo de tabaco y comportamiento tabÃ¡quico en las adolescentes. CALLEJA, NAZIRA // Universitas Psychologica;oct-dic2012, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p1227
In recent years, prevalence of smoking among women has been significantly increasing. The aim of this research was to examine the relationships of smoking susceptibility and smoking behavior, specifically in youth teenage girls, in order to have tools for smoking prevention among women. Three...
- Findings and implications from a national study on potential reduced exposure products (PREPs). Hund, Lisa M.; Farrelly, Matthew C.; Allen, Jane A.; Chou, Rosaleen H.; St. Claire, Ann W.; Vallone, Donna M.; Healton, Cheryl G. // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Dec2006, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p791
Tobacco companies have recently introduced products that they claim have reduced toxins and carcinogens, and that they say may be less harmful to smokers. These are potential reduced exposure products, or PREPs. This study measured smokers' awareness of PREPs, use of PREPs, interest in trying...
- Anti-tobacco law is officially dead. NORTON, TIMMY // Eastern Door;5/25/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p1
The article informs that majority of the members of Community Decision- Making Proces (CDMP), a consensus-building model, voted against a legislation that would prohibit the sale and manufacture of any tobacco and all cigarettes in Kahnawake, Quebec.
- Hawaii Breathes, New Life into Tobacco Debate. PETERS, KRISTINA // CSP;Sep2015, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p19
The article reports that Hawaii has increased the legal-age limit of tobacco use to 21 years.