Commercial Banks Dive into Loan Market
- Star signs clinker loan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/24/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 47, p47
The article reports on the $104 million, 10-year term loan signed by Star Cement, a subsidiary of ETA-Ascon, with a group of banks to finance the construction of a clinker plant in Ras al-Khaimah, United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and Gulf International Bank were the mandated lead...
- A case for sounder credit practices. Bourke, James A. // Banking;Jun72, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p44
Deals with the responsibility of banks in the U.S. to reduce their risk for losses that resulted from excessive debt and poor credit practices. Use of term loans and revolving credit to regulate the supply of bank credit; Information on the good credit practices which were violated by banks in...
- Popular corporate credit lines pose risks for banks and borrowers. Weidner, David // American Banker;3/17/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 51, p4
Discusses the set of risks that short-term debt pose for banks and borrowers in the United States. Possibility of default by borrowers because of rigorous repayment terms; Small returns on the credit lines for banks.
- term loan. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p264
A definition of the term "term loan" is presented. It refers to a bank advance made for a specified period, which is repaid with interest by regular periodical payments. Term loans are made by commercial banks and other financial institutions for business finance.
- Term Sheets. // Bank Loan Report;05/17/99, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p5
Presents a chart on bank loans of several companies. Purpose of the loans; Maturity and pricing; Agents.
- Term Sheets. // Bank Loan Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Provides information on some revolving credit facilities and term loans as of February 14, 2000.
- Lagging First-Quarter Volume Belies Investor Demand. Miller, Christopher // Bank Loan Report;04/12/99, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p1
Focuses on the performance of the bank loan market during the first quarter of 1999. Comments from Peter Gleysteen, head of global syndicated finance at Chase Manhattan; Number of deals hosted by the market; Impact of a restrictive Medicare payment method; Banks that managed five times as many...
- Hawaii Telecom Plan Converts $940M in Debt. // Bank Loan Report;6/8/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p3
The article offers news briefs related to loan market in the U.S. A credit agreement has been amended by Paetec Holding Corp. which allows the company to buy back its term loan debt below par. The $75 million debtor-in-possession loan of Caraustar Industries Inc. has been granted by GE Capital...
- GP's Second Lien Draws Broad Interest. K. K. // Bank Loan Report;1/16/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on bank loans made to finance the acquisition of Georgia-Pacific Corp. in the U.S. Citigroup, Bank of America, Deutsche Bank, and JPMorgan had launched general syndication of eleven billion dollars worth of bank loans to finance Koch industries' completed 21-billion-dollar...