GSO Raises $3.25B Distressed Fund
- Blackstone GSO Closes $5B Distressed Fund. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;9/9/2013, p9
The article reports that Blackstone's credit investment group GSO Capital Partners has closed on a five billion dollar distressed debt fund, GSO Capital Solutions Fund II LP to provide debt financing to distressed companies facing liquidity problems like debt maturities and covenant breaches.
- Fresno County Tacks on Two to Manager Roster. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;12/16/2014, p3
The article reports on the hiring of private credit asset managers CarVal Investors and GSO Capital Partners by the Fresno County Employees' Retirement Association to oversee 30 million dollars worth of assets.
- Debt Financing of Maersk VLCC Fleet Acquisition Completed. // World Trade: WT100;Mar2014, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p11
The article offers information on the joint venture formed by the shipping company Euronav and the asset management firm GSO Capital Partners LP which aims to purchase various modern high-quality vessels from subsidiaries which were in banckruptcy proceeding.
- Blackstone's GSO Acquires Harbourmaster. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/10/2011, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of Dublin, Ireland-based European leveraged loan manager Harbourmaster Capital by GSO Capital Partners , the credit arm of The Blackstone Group.
- ArcLight Capital Invests to Form New Oil Business, as Crude Prices Remain Volatile. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/10/2015, p4
The article reports on the series of business deals executed by asset management firm GSO Capital Partners, oil and gas exploration firm GeoSouthern, and investment firm Pine Brook in the energy sector as of September 10, 2015.
- Is InBev Too Big For Its Broek? // High Yield Report;6/23/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p3
The article provides updates on finance industry. Citigroup Inc. and Bank of America have launched a $350 million first-lien term loan for drugstore chain Rite Aid. Loan Market Association has endorsed the European High Yield Association's market practice recommendations for issuers of high...
- Struggling Billabong Gets $294M Bridge Loan. Collins, Allison // High Yield Report;7/22/2013, p21
The article reports that surf wear retailer Billabong International has entered into a deal with entities advised by private equity firm Altamont Capital Partners and GSO Capital Partners, the credit arm of private equity firm the Blackstone Group. To repay its existing debt, the retailer will...
- Garden State Adds to Manager Roster. M. S. // Investment Management Weekly;6/2/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the private equity, real estate and hedge funds managers added by the New Jersey State Investment Council (NJSIC) to its roster in 2008. A $75 million absolute return hedge fund with Asian Century Quest Capital has been approved by NJSIC. Real estate investments include...
- Merrill a Go at GSO. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/28/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 21, p9
The article reports on the decision of Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc. to purchase a minority stake in GSO Capital Partners in the U.S. The company's move indicates its participation in the trend of investment banks that acquire hedge funds. Under the agreement, Merrill Lynch will invest capital in a...