Transmitting a tragedy
- NEWS IN THE GARDEN OF FORKING PATHS... Storin, Matthew V. // Editor & Publisher;10/15/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 40, p22
Comments on the role of journalism on historical accounting of the terrorist attack in the United States. Impact of attack on government policies; Challenge to journalist on responsible journalism; Effect of attack on American way of life.
- For some, this war is local. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;10/22/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 44, p14
Reports the coverage of the war against terrorism by American reporters in Afghanistan. Decision of television stations to send reporters in the area under bombings; Presentation of the effects of the war in the lives of the people; Effort of the media to present fair coverage of the event.
- See no evil. McCormick, Patrick // U.S. Catholic;Jul2002, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p46
Comments on the efforts of the U.S. government to control the media coverage of the terrorisms and wars around the world. Increase of motion pictures about war and terrorism; Role of the U.S. in the war against terrorism; Restriction imposed by the U.S. Department of Defense to journalists;...
- Chapter discusses how to independently report news on war. Lim, Dennis // Quill;Dec2001, Vol. 89 Issue 10, Special section p2
Discusses the issue on the media coverage of the U.S. terrorist attacks during the Greater Los Angeles Pro Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists and the Los Angeles Press Club in October 2001. Panelists in the forum; Importance of limiting public access to certain information in...
- Foreign correspondence. // Quill;Jun2002, Vol. 90 Issue 5, p21
Comments on an article about terrorism written by Jack Kelley. Background on the career of Kelly in terrorism coverage; Award received by Kelley for his terrorism coverage.
- Journalist Group Condemns Killings. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;10/16/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 41, p52
The article discusses a statement by the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) which condemns the killing of 11 employees of the Arab-language satellite television station Al-Shaabiya. Five of the journalists were killed in Baghdad, Iraq. The station still plans to commence its broadcasts...
- Asesinatos de periodistas. Herreros, Mariano Cebrián // Revista Mexicana de Comunicacion;nov2010-ene2011, Vol. 23 Issue 124, p10
No abstract available.
- Dahler: 'I've seen things that no one should ever see'. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p4
Relates the experiences of ABC News correspondent Don Dahler during the terrorist attack of the World Trade Center in New York, New York. Description of the destructive impact of airliners; Recount of the emotional display of firefighters over the loss; Recollection of the most horrifying vision.
- SPJ goes to front lines fighting for public information in wartime. // Quill;Dec2001, Vol. 89 Issue 10, Special section p2
Reports on the efforts of the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) in the U.S. to address issues on the right to media coverage in terrorism in the country. Claims on the hiding of public records behind the pretense of national security; Support of the SPJ in keeping government records...