- Fast Facts. // Inter@ctive Week;04/24/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p108
Presents news briefs on managing careers in the Internet industry as of April 24, 2000. Job openings in Silicon Valley posted at ValleyJobs.com; Survey conducted by Catalyst on Canadian women executives.
- MEETING COLLEAGUES ONLINE. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // Curriculum Administrator;Aug2001, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p31
Offers ways of extending professional reach through Web-based staff development programs in school systems throughout the United States. Explosion in Web-centered products and services; Communities for administrators and teachers at every level; Web-based education communities.
- A VIRTUAL CAREERS FAIR. Leece, Rhonda // Australian Journal of Career Development (ACER Press);Winter2005, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p34
In Australia, careers fairs have traditionally been one of the avenues used by major companies to recruit their graduate staff. Most Australian universities have a one- or two-day event of this type to promote their graduates to employers and to expose their students to employment opportunities....
- Sussing psychometrics. Rodgers, Keith // Personnel Today;6/10/2003, p20
It is important for companies in Great Britain to ensure that the tests they use on their employees are credible and meet an organisation's requirements. Faced with thousands of different types of tests, lingering controversy over Internet-based measurement techniques and a host of legislative...
- Executive Summaries. // Training & Development;Dec2000, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p82
Presents summaries of articles of note for, and about, employee training professionals. Effects of online learning on the training profession; Training professionals' partnership with information technology executives; Seven stages of career work; Gift giving rules for managers.
- virtual mentors: mentoring on the internet. Knouse, Stephen B. // Journal of Employment Counseling;Dec2001, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p162
Mentoring is an increasingly important function for career success. Many special groups, however, including minorities and women, have difficulty finding a mentor. One solution is virtual mentoring-selecting and interacting with mentors on the Internet. The author discusses advantages of virtual...
- Re-educating Rita. Sharp, Bryon // NZ Marketing Magazine;Jul2004, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p21
Focuses on career management in marketing. Discussion on marketing degree; Information of on-the-job training in the industry; Impact of Internet on marketing.
- FIND ONLINE TRAINING THAT PAYS OFF. Fisher, Anne // Fortune;2/7/2005, Vol. 151 Issue 3, p34
Comments on the importance of online learning as an employee training tool for all types of companies. Advice on choosing and implementing effective training programs in the workplace; Importance of testing e-learning courses before purchasing for company use.
- Starting a New Career as a Biomed. Davis, Derick // 24x7;Dec2012, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p46
The author talks about his move to start a career in the biomedical field. The things offered by the biomedical field include job stability, earnings potential, and good benefits, says the author. The technical requirement to become an entry-level biomedical technician is explained. The...