- Don't grant unlimited leave as ADA accommodation. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;Apr2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p3
The article talks about the Dansler-Hill v. RIT court case wherein Wanda Dansler-Hill filed a suit on the grounds of disability discrimination against her employer.
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Florida Employment Law;Jun2011, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p3
The article discusses two court cases in the U.S. including the disability discrimination lawsuit filed by Erica Jones, and the job discrimination case filed by William Baker.
- Comparators in disability discrimination claims. // Employers Law;Sep2008, p7
The article discusses the case London Borough of Lewisham v Malcolm House of Lords. In the case, the House of Lords stated that the long standing authority of Clark v Novacold was wrongly decided. This will lead to an uncertain future for disability-related discrimination claims and gives...
- Coleman v Attridge. // Employers Law;Sep2008, p9
The article discusses the Coleman v Attridge European Court of Justice, which revealed that able-bodied people protected by the Disability Discrimination Act if they endure associative discrimination. The European Court of Justice (ECJ) has held that the European Equal Treatment (EET) Directive...
- Paterson v The Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis. // Employers Law;Sep2007, p9
The article discusses a court case involving a police officer who suffered from dyslexia and was disadvantaged when carrying out examinations for promotion was disabled within the meaning of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA). The plaintiff argued that he was disabled and brought...
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Mar2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p3
The article offers news briefs related to legal issues in Pennsylvania including the application for Social Security disability benefits by artist Christine Eck while charging American with Disabilities Act (ADA) discrimination against her employer and the neglection of the complaints of...
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;Jul2013, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p3
The article offers legal news briefs in the U.S. as of 2013 such the court cases, which deal with sex discrimination and reorganization efforts for disabled person.
- Disabling comparisons. Goldman, Linda; Lewis, Joan // Occupational Health;Oct2008, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p16
The article discusses the decision of Great Britain's House of Lords on Lewisham LBC v Malcolm which overturned the longstanding disability discrimination principles based on the Clark v Novacold case. The House of Lords held that the Clark case had been decided incorrectly. The appropriate...
- Bipolar damages upheld. Hunt, Kristin Gunderson // Business Insurance;9/1/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 35, p25
The article reports that the Ontario Superior Court of Justice's Ottawa Divisional Court upheld an $80,000 judgment in favor of information technology specialist Paul Lane, who was dismissed from his job just days after disclosing to his employer that he suffered from bipolar disorder. The...