HR helps Skanska in bid to slash CO2 emissions
- Recycler's rolodex. Cohen, M.E. // Garbage;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p21
Presents companies and organizations which can provide answers to questions on recycling. Recycling focus; Contact information; Includes The Recycled Products Information Clearinghouse; The Glass Packaging Institute; The Aluminum Association.
- Group takes on Houston "dirty MRF" proposal. // Resource Recycling;Sep2014, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p9
The article highlights the move of the Texas Campaign for the Environment, an environmental group, to propose for the construction of a facility that will sort through trash for recyclable materials in Houston.
- Greener Postures Hacking through the biodegradable, zero-carbon, ecochic overhype. Einsenberg, Evan; Eisenberg, Freda // New York;6/18/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p46
The article reviews several products designed with environmentally conscious, or 'green' consumers in mind, including stationary made from recycled elephant dung, available from the web site mrelliepooh.com, washable, reusable menstrual pads, available from the web site manymoonsalternatives.com...
- Being green isn't always what it seems. Budiansky, Stephen // U.S. News & World Report;8/26/96, Vol. 121 Issue 8, p42
Reports that products which claim to be environmentally friendly do not necessarily create a cleaner planet. Irony that common sense is a poor guide to what actually benefits or hurts the environment; The choice of plastics versus paper; Recycling; Efforts of the Federal Trade Commission to...
- IT TAKES A VILLAGE. Starzee, Bernadette // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/7/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 55, p25A
The article reports that Port Jefferson in New York has launched an initiative to go green, which takes recycling as its theme for the first year. Naomi Solo, community coordinator for the program, explains that the idea came about through the community's ongoing relationship with the Humanities...
- How Green Are You? // Good Housekeeping;May2011, Vol. 252 Issue 5, p163
A quiz is presented that determines one's commitment to green measures and environmental friendliness.
- Dannii GOES green. Brown, Jenny // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);1/13/2003, p25
Focuses on a recycling program of Planet Ark that is endorsed by singer Dannii Minogue. Racial controversy faced by Minogue; Details of the Cards 4 Planet Ark program; Views of Minogue on her career for 2003.
- COOLSCHOOLS. Reeves, Jo // Green Futures;Jul2007, Issue 65, p53
The article focuses on the "Building Schools for the Future" program launched by the government of England. Four schools, located in Bristol, will be transformed by the construction firm Skanska in a period of 10 years. Aside from increasing student learning, the buildings are expected to be...
- It's Hard Being Green. Lepe, Linda Francetic // Advisor Today;Sep2008, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p92
The author reflects on becoming environmentally sensitive in the U.S. She states that the notion of reuse, recycle and reduce came into play during their move from one home to another. She adds that the experience also solidified the core values her husband and her share and do not share. She...