NEWS FROM THE WEB
- BA man seeks new Pop I-dole. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/4/2002, Issue 2503, p24
Talks about Flop Idle, the scheme proposed in British Airways PLC, wherein employees would vote 'Pop Idol'-style on who to make redundant. Price of phone votes; Reason for the proposed scheme.
- BA pays the price for its air of indifference. Hutton, Will // Personnel Today;8/5/2003, p13
The unofficial walkout of British Airways PLC (BA) ground service staff at Heathrow, England with all its attendant damage was a salutary warning to the airline industry and everybody beyond. Had BA management had the slightest hint that the enforced introduction of swipe cards would lead to...
- Employee relations. // People Management;6/11/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p11
Presents news briefs on employee relations. Information about a study on employee involvement in total quality management; Launching of British Airways' support line for employees; Findings of a survey conducted by the Employment Service.
- Employee relations. // People Management;07/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p9
Presents various news on personnel management. Proposed strike over pay and conditions by cabin crew at British Airways; Information on the single-status deal on pay and conditions between the management and unions of the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority.
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;9/13/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p7
Covers news briefs on personnel management in Great Britain as of September 13, 2001. Plans of British Airways to lay off a number of its employees worldwide; Failure of the government to attract unemployed older men into the job market; Topics to be discussed at the Global Business Management...
- What's in the bag? Moloney, Karen // People Management;9/6/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p44
The author comments on the light snack in a clear plastic bag which is provided to passengers of British Airways. The author says that passengers may feel guilty for traveling by air after eating the light snack. The author tells that patience and faith are required if human resource...
- Putting Values Into Evaluation. Poulet, Roger; Moult, Gerry // Training & Development Journal;Jul87, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p62
Discusses how corporate values are adopted and converted into action at British Airways. Reliance of the British Airways training program 'Managing People First' on participants' values for its effectiveness; Delivery of 'ultimate value' to the organization; Impediments to conversion.
- …in brief. // Personnel Today;3/19/2002, p3
Reports development in personnel management in Great Britain as of March 2000. Schedule of the release of Christmas bonuses for the employees of British Airways; Decline in manufacturing production; Offer of British Broadcasting Cor. of six month paid leave to its employees.
- Submit your entry now for HR's top awards. Spalding, Dawn; Pettman, Allan; Manning, Martin // Personnel Today;5/25/2010, p8
Several blogs related to personnel management are discussed including one inviting entries for Personnel Today Awards 2010, one in response to an article "British Airways urged by union to engage in meaningful negotiations," in the May 11, 2010 issue and one in response to the article "Next...